Sign in with
Your question

GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Not booting.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2013 9:14:24 AM

Hello,

I received my GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD today and after installing it, my system won't boot up. A few beeps, fans spinning up, but no booting. I had an XFX 7970 BLACK edition previously, for which I'd already upgraded my PSU to 800W, so I doubt that could be the problem.

Any suggestions?
February 7, 2013 11:31:57 AM

The "few beeps" tell you what the problem is. Most likely it's "no VGA found". I would try to re-seat the card in the slot.
February 7, 2013 12:27:34 PM

Check if all the external power connectors to the gfx card are seated properly along with seating of the card itself as noidea_77 pointed out above.
Related resources
February 8, 2013 4:25:33 PM

Hi, I´ve got same problem here. Tried everything you mentioned above but still nothing :-(
February 9, 2013 12:38:49 AM

Yeah, forgot to reply, but it's plugged in correctly and as said, the fans are spinning, but it's not doing anything. I'm probably going to just return it.
March 12, 2013 3:44:14 PM

Well I had my card replaced and when new one arrived same thing again.So I contacted Gigabyte and I´ve been told I need to go to BIOS and set PCI ROM priority from EFI Compatible ROM to Legacy ROM. Tried that and it worked :-)
March 26, 2013 3:59:06 PM

mbrenek said:
Well I had my card replaced and when new one arrived same thing again.So I contacted Gigabyte and I´ve been told I need to go to BIOS and set PCI ROM priority from EFI Compatible ROM to Legacy ROM. Tried that and it worked :-)

Can you tell me what you did from there, I just got the same card and my computer isn't finding it, even after I've changed the PCI ROM priority to Legacy ROM. What do you do after?
March 26, 2013 4:32:35 PM

Unfortunately nothing else just changed this, saved settings and after reboot everything worked fine :-( what motherboard do you have?
May 11, 2013 6:31:46 AM

mbrenek said:

Mate you just made my day!!!:bounce: 
Two Thumbs UP!!!
!