Radeon 7750 slower than geforce 8800GT ?

Hi all,

Minecraft runs far more slowly on my new Radeon 7750 passive than a geforce 8800GT; can this be true, even though 5 or 6 years seperate them?

I got constant 75fps on the 8800GT with vsync on, and now with the same settings on the 7750 get 30fps.

Thanks for any input.

Will
5 answers Last reply
More about radeon 7750 slower geforce 8800gt
  1. try changing graphics settings?
  2. Check the clocks on the 7750 when minecraft is running, there have been quite alot of threads where the new 7000 series cards stay on their idle/2d clocks in minecraft. The drivers dont seem to recognize minecraft as a proper game.. :P
    You could use gpu-z to monitor the card
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
  3. Kari said:
    Check the clocks on the 7750 when minecraft is running, there have been quite alot of threads where the new 7000 series cards stay on their idle/2d clocks in minecraft. The drivers dont seem to recognize minecraft as a proper game.. :P
    You could use gpu-z to monitor the card
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Thank you, will check tonight and get back with the result.
  4. Even though the 7750 is a low end card, it should still be a little better than a 8800gt
  5. Thought I'd let everybody know, as I'm sure there will be other people interested: Unfortunately they will be dissapointed.

In the end it was probably one of these things:

•Smooth FPS seems to cause big slowdown (Minecraft Optifine setting)

•Smooth world also does (Minecraft Optifine setting)

•Possibly a reinstall without mcpatcher, which may have been conflicting with optifine, when running HD textures.

FYI, interestingly when in full screen the GPU shows 25% activity (even in the prior situation with poor fps), and about 50% cpu activity, so there don't seem to be bottlenecks.

Also, advanced opengl seems to drop the fps.

FYI, I now run render distance far with Vsync on at 75fps and hd textures.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Minecraft Geforce Radeon Graphics