[HELP] Regarding different options for displays.

benlin4444

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hello Tom's Hardware,
I'm Ben, and this is my first thread ever regarding a question I'm facing recently.

First, I'd like to set up a home theater system in my bedroom.
Currently I have 3 possible options;

1. Connect my 45" 1080p HDTV through HDMI/VGA. (*Downside: I don't think it's a proper 1080p HDTV since when I hook it up, the text looks all fuzzy and bad.)
2. Buy a proper monitor, I'm thinking of a 30" or a 32". (*Downside: Price.)
3. Buy 3 20" monitors and somehow do eyefinity with them. (*Now this is the tricky part I want to ask you pros about.)

I'm currently looking into hooking my laptop with 3 monitors.
My laptop runs on GT635M DDR3 with 2GB VRAM with HD4000 that both come out of either VGA or HDMI.
Now I know it's possible to get a HDMI splitter that splits the signal 3 ways and display three screens separately making things identical.

But however what I am aiming for is to be able to set up a 3 way monitor system that allows me to extend from one of the monitors when I'm multitasking and working, and be able to fix all the 3 monitors together when I want to watch a movie.

Basically what I meant was, is there somehow, from 1 HDMI port, split it to 3 HDMI connects each to each monitor.

Or is there any other better way?

Solution
Please go with a single monitor ! No need to do an eyefinity on a laptop, Your graphics will be bottlenecked ..

Go with one 32"

and i think for multimedia purpose like watching movie a single monitor is better than eyefinity.

KAIJER

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Please go with a single monitor ! No need to do an eyefinity on a laptop, Your graphics will be bottlenecked ..

Go with one 32"

and i think for multimedia purpose like watching movie a single monitor is better than eyefinity.

Solution