Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help me choose

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2013 12:36:41 PM

Hey guys,
I'm not sure what to do, I have been thinking for a month straight now. Checking to see if there's update on the new 8000/700/TITAN graphics cards. I'm so impatient I want to go buy 2 7970's right now but if the cards are defiantly coming out between march and April ill wait.
Reason to upgrade: I have a 6950 and I'm Playing battlefield 3 and not getting enough frames to reach my screens potential.
I have a 120hz Samsung monitor 1920x1080.

If you guys do say buy cards now my limit is 860. Im in Australia by the way :D 
Thanks guys

More about : choose

a c 180 U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 12:44:10 PM

I would say wait till april and get new gen cpu
February 7, 2013 12:47:21 PM

the 7970's would be fine. just like all PC components something new will always come out.
a c 171 U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 12:48:01 PM

Nope. No new cards coming in the next month or two. Last I heard you are still looking at fall of this year. Whats worse is that no die shrink is coming so "new" cards will still be mostly based on current arches.