Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card failure or something else? (attached pictures)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2013 2:12:37 PM

Hi all,

I have the following system:

Intel Q6600 quad core
ATI HD4850
Corsair 650W
Corsair 4GB ram

I left for a few days, and got back to this... :sarcastic: 

I am going to remove each stick of ram to see if it's something that is causing issues. I'll also double check the power cable to the graphics card...

Any suggestions....please....? :pt1cable: 

February 7, 2013 2:33:31 PM

This seems like GPU video memory causing this. Consider trying with different GPU.

p.s Try Video memory test, you can find it in Hiren's boot cd.
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 3:30:03 PM

Have you tried a new video cable and changing ports on the monitor and GPU? Always worth a shot.

But, yeah, looks like a dying card. Could be worth borrowing one from a friend to check.
Related resources
February 7, 2013 3:44:45 PM

I think this pretty much sums it up, it states an error regarding the graphics card and also mentions ATIKMPAG.sys

I tested each ram stick, disconnected some devices to test PSU, but nothing changed. The two lights on the card turn on normally... :fou: 

I have no one to borrow a card off of, what would be best quality/price replacement??

I've looked around really quickly and found the GTX650 Ti for ~150euro

need to resolve this QUICK! :sweat: 
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 4:23:09 PM

That would work - three tiers up from your current card. Step below that but cheaper would be a 7770.

If you have spare thermal paste (or can buy some for a few euro), you could attempt to bake it. I am NOT recommending it, just throwing it out there. Give it a google if interested.
February 8, 2013 1:45:04 AM

So far I have narrowed the replacement to a few option:

GTX650 Ti 2GB Gigabyte OC - 150 euro

Gainward GeForce GTX 650 Ti with CUDA 2GB - 160 euro

GIGABYTE GTX660 2GB OC - 185 euro

any ideas?

:hello: 
February 12, 2013 2:21:48 PM

ok so I'm very close to pulling the trigger.

Honestly at the ~150euro price range I can find a GTX650 TI 2gb or a HD7850 1gb...what do you guys recommend?

!