Status
Not open for further replies.

boomshadow

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I agree with Emerald. I've been testing out quite a few different providers since DynDNS decided to stop doing the free account. No-IP.com is pretty good. They've got a really well developed system thats pretty simple. Not surprising considering that they also do 'pay-for' services. The difference is that they DO still have free accounts.

In case anyone is dead set on using DynDNS (or is forced to due to pre-programmed firmwares using it), you CAN actually still get a free DynDNS account. I found that D-Link actually has a deal with them to still offer a single free hostname. Check out my findings here: http://boomshadow.net/tech/how-to-still-get-a-free-dyndns-account/

joharmandav

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
but i dont knwo how to use it can u help me getting thru as i have installed the noip to the client and it has given me client id C3A7919021 now what is next what to do please can u help me here or at my email johar@writeme.com

OnlyKevinKnows

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Well technically you can still get a free account, but they just changed their terms of service so that you have to log in to your account once a month and automated update clients don't count. Not worth the aggravation if there are free alternatives out there.

Steve Qualls

Honorable
May 16, 2013
As has been said, DynDNS now requires a monthly login to their webpage, or your service will be cut off. It is theirs to do with whatever they want, and I will no longer recommend or use the service. Goodbye DynDNS. I am looking at freedns.afraid.org, yet hope to find a PHP script that I can install on my DreamHost account and point one of my own subdomains to the house, effectively becoming my own DynDNS service. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.