Opening a Roland MC303

Last response: in Home Audio
August 19, 2004 9:26:54 AM

Hi!

I just recently bought a cheap, used Roland MC303 with one
caveat; the play button doesn't work.

I haven't recieved the unit yet from the seller, and I'm
looking for some directions on how to correctly open the
machine.

I've heard that the buttons on the mc303 are of loose
kind, so the machine is really hard to put back together.

By the way; Are the buttons regular micro switches,
or do I have to start looking for replacements from
somewhere ?

I'd really appreciate your help!

Pictures would be really great too :)

Regards;
Mikko

Finland

More about : opening roland mc303

March 18, 2009 10:48:41 PM

Hi.

I would be interested if anyone knows the reply to the previous question...

I am also trying to service a second hand Roland MC-303. :??:

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Fussy

Scotland, UK
March 28, 2009 4:14:31 AM

hey there,

same with me- opened it three times (own it for a week now).

to the buttons- in my machine they are fixed to the case with double-sided-tape. so they don´t fall off and mix...
don´t know if this is factory-made or not- but very helpful. i opened it first for the reason that my friend told me i might have to exchange the ovtave- button.

but this one seems to work. the second time i opened it for checking the play mode button. it seems that the buttons are getting´lame´due to material ´tiredness´or so...

so now i have to push this one up a bit before switching the machine on. otherwise it´s in midi mode and i think it´s damaged now, because it won´t continue booting...

oh man, i hope i will learn to use it and don´t get mad about its age-related-misbehaviour !

good luck to everyone who is in the same boat with me now- and drop a line if you like !

cheers, david www.myspace.com/defakt :hello:

Anonymous
April 24, 2009 11:27:53 AM

the buttons are a bit rubbish, mine have failed loads of times, try not to click them too hard.
The machine is openable, just make sure it is face down, try using two thick books to sit the machine on so the buttons are not getting pressed in when you try to get the pcb back on.
you can get replacements , take one out and go to maplins with it, buy 35, or more, its always the shift and func button that die

good luck
July 29, 2011 7:15:46 PM

Found this thread and it didn't help me open mine up. I figured it out though.

First you need to take all the knobs off. The big round one pulls off easily and most importantly take off the nut and washer from this button. If you don't. The board won't come out.
Second: remove all screws from the board.
Third: Keep the machine facing down when you pull the board so the buttons stay in their slots. That's it.
!