jedimerlin3

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
How much of a temperature difference would i see from a h70 to a Custom built single CPU loop on a Triple Rad? I have my CPU O.C. to 4.00 GHz... And i know I’m not giving a lot of information just want an estimate...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What CPU? What temps do you see at stock load and then OC?

I have some comparisons of the H70 vs air coolers and the XSPC Rasa watercooling kit as well in the sticky at the top of the forum. These are just a few, but there are many more around the web. Much of the difference depends on the setup of the custom loop...meaning components being used.

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
custome liquid cooling is not important for cooling cpu only your H70 will be good for 4.0 ghz but if you want to go with custome then take good advantage from it for example if you have stupid *** card like GTX 480 then buy waterblock for it to cool it with liquid thats why the costume is better and it can make you push your cpu clocks little more than high end air coolers or H70 my friend have 980x clocked at 4.65 GHZ and he is using H70 so it good dont worry i told you why would you need custome water cooling and at last if you want to replace the northbridge cooler then the custome water cooler will serve this purpose too and for your question about temps your H70 is single fan radiator you will see big diffrence if the costume cooler have
triple fan radiator or two dont worry in the H70 there is liquid and in the custome there is liquid too

It would be significant, even on a 980x johnnyq8
980xstock.jpg

980xH50DF.jpg

SDC10120.jpg

SDC10171.jpg

SDC10186.jpg

toys.jpg

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

No offense, but this is called trolling. This is a watercooling forum; the people here are here for the specific reason of asking/learning about watercooling, helping those who are interested or helping established users and posting relevant information.

I would like to ask yourself and anyone else in this forum that if someone has the ability to spend the money and wants to do so, it is no one's place to attack or degrade them based on that decision. If someone has a valid reason they wish to pursue an option they want, it is their place to explain this is the case and we are here to support and offer advice, information and help along their path of making a decision.

The information you are posting is really only minimally correct and much of is is completely biased specifically to your own point of view. If you are going to come in and attack watercooling as a cooling option against what you feel is superior, please make sure to provide several valid points of why your opinion is correct with data to back it up and also provide data and argument as to why watercooling is less-valid as a solution.

Thanks. Stop trolling. There is an air cooling forum. This is for watercooling and LCS systems...the H70 does fall into that category.

However, your message, approach and information does not.

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

i hoped that you can chose more soft words you are now attacking me i didnt attack water cooling i sayed its for the highest end systems i answered he's question about the temps when i sayed you can push your cpu clock with water cooling more than air coolers or H70 and i explained that the water cooling good for cooling other parts than the cpu look if you want to reply be gentle why did you sayed that my information is incorrect ?? look if the thread starter dont want me to share my ideas im very sorry and i will not interupt again

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Hold on a second...don't take everything so personally. The fact that I disagree with what you are saying doesn't mean that is an attack on you as a person. There is a big difference in principle, there.

First, your information is fairly slanted based on your advice that 'a friend' has given you. Some information you provided was marginally true, most of it was borderline questionable. If you are going to post information about what another user should or shouldn't do, please provide some data and information (with valid sources) to show and back up your claims. This allows us to look at data we currently know and then compare it with data that is being provided along with the argument. So please, before you accuse me of attacking you, please understand that isn't tolerated here...we simply assess the information being provided, consider the sources, consider the validity and then make conclusions based on all of those factors. This isn't personal at all, it is addressing the information being given to people that are trying to learn the concepts and understand how things actually work.

custome liquid cooling is not important for cooling cpu only your H70 will be good for 4.0 ghz

Based on what data?

my friend have 980x clocked at 4.65 GHZ and he is using H70 so it good dont worry i told you why would you need custome water cooling

Because your friend says its good, that makes it a valid reason to?

and at last if you want to replace the northbridge cooler then the custome water cooler will serve this purpose too
There rarely is a reason to watercool the NB, and most people that do simply do it because it looks nice. You wouldn't see any benefit unless you had already pushed the limits of your overclocking for your motherboard to the point that heat caused by the increased voltages required to run the FSB are surpassing the ability of the NB cooler to keep it cool.

and for your question about temps your H70 is single fan radiator

It actually runs 2 fans in push/pull, but I see your point of it being a single 120mm radiator.

dont worry in the H70 there is liquid and in the custome there is liquid too

Correct, this is why the H70 is called a liquid cooler...it works on the same principles as watercooling, but in a much scaled down version. A compact LCS is a 'compact liquid cooling system' cooler.

d0gr0ck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
You also need to remember that there is no requirement to be doing the super extreme to want to dabble in water cooling. Rubix and I are both using Core 2 Quads and graphics cards circa summer 2008. None of which are are pushing the boundaries of awesome amazingness.

Switching to watercooling my overclocks didn't change at all, but I did gain blissful silence. In terms of noise reduction compared to blower based GPUs water cooling is always worth it in my mind.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I do it simply because I love the look of watercooling and enjoy the load temps I can get. I can run my rig all day long and never see load temps over 45C on my CPU or GPUs. It's far more of a hobby to me than anything.

Yeah, I do run older hardware...a Q6600 @3.4 and SLI GTX 260's, but all run incredibly well on any game thus far. Once I find a game I can't run on high, I'll upgrade hardware. Until then, it works fantastically.

No, I don't play Crysis, so I really don't care how well it runs...even though I've run it and it looks great. Could it look better? Sure, but then again I don't play that game. We'll see what Portal 2 looks like when it is opened up tomorrow. I have it preloaded...just can't touch it until Monday. :)

The H70 is about the level of a good air cooler when it comes to controlling Prime95 load temps.

I have an overclocked and over-volted 2500K processor and went from a good air cooler to an EKWB EK-KIT H3O - Supreme HF 360. The Prime95 load temps decreased by 15-20ºC. I was actually able to overclock slightly higher, but required a bit more voltage to do so. I could have gone with a cheaper kit like the XSPC Rasa and gotten a similar temp decrease, but I liked the features of the EK.