Static Display

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
So I recently built a new computer using an FX 6300 and a 7970. (lets not harp on about AMD please)

anyways, it turns on, fans are running, we're all good (fans on the cpu cooler, fans on the GPU, they're all good and running)

only problem is that when I connect it via HDMI to a TV, all I get is static on the screen. no splash screen, no bios, nothing, even when I insert a windows 8 disk.

so I'm just wondering what might be causing this. any suggestions?

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
so it's colored static, and it's the same pattern regardless of how many times I start it up. it's not moving either.

the left third is vertical lines of static and the right two thirds are horizontal.

Ah okay now what you are describing sounds more like artifacts graphic artifacts. Do you have other monitors/tv's you could test your computer on?

examples

images

images

images

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I took a look. it's not quite the same. the problem I'm having is more of a static, you can still what's going on in those pics.

it also doesn't move at all.

I can try another monitor tomorrow. are there any other possibilities beyond not recognizing the display?

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
the card has 2xmini display port, 1xdvi, and 1xhdmi

I do have a dvi to vga adapter that I am planning on trying with a different monitor and the TV when I have access to the system again. (it's a friend's, and he won't be back till tomorrow night)

TRENDING THREADS