One way to tell if BF2 pilots are hacking...

....look for guys dropping their bombs before they've even come over
the horizon or guys with great great scores, but a lot of TK's too.
I'm guessing some of the glowie hacks make it difficult to
differentiate at high speeds.

Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.

Next game, same guy, this time on the opposite team, coming around the
corner of a mountain....I see his bombs before I see him....
15 answers Last reply
More about pilots hacking

    "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in message

    > ...look for guys dropping their bombs before they've even come over
    > the horizon or guys with great great scores, but a lot of TK's too.
    > I'm guessing some of the glowie hacks make it difficult to
    > differentiate at high speeds.
    >
    > Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    > are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    > around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.
    >
    > Next game, same guy, this time on the opposite team, coming around the
    > corner of a mountain....I see his bombs before I see him....

    Dunno if they were 'Hacking', but I was in a chopper with some guys
    yesterday, and one of the engineers kept chucking mines out, the medic kept
    throwing out health packs, so, as I was support, I started throwing out
    ammo-packs.

    Made quite a few points too !!

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
    that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
    accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
    reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
    someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn

    "Jez" <iced_spear@nodamnspamdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

    > "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> ...look for guys dropping their bombs before they've even come over
    >> the horizon or guys with great great scores, but a lot of TK's too.
    >> I'm guessing some of the glowie hacks make it difficult to
    >> differentiate at high speeds.
    >>
    >> Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    >> are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    >> around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.
    >>
    >> Next game, same guy, this time on the opposite team, coming around the
    >> corner of a mountain....I see his bombs before I see him....
    >
    > Dunno if they were 'Hacking', but I was in a chopper with some guys
    > yesterday, and one of the engineers kept chucking mines out, the medic
    > kept throwing out health packs, so, as I was support, I started throwing
    > out ammo-packs.
    >
    > Made quite a few points too !!

    Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team AND
    the enemy team as well....?

    "James" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team
    > AND the enemy team as well....?

    Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy will
    give you a negative score ;-)

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Line noise provided by German Telekom!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Jez wrote:
    > "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>...look for guys dropping their bombs before they've even come over
    >>the horizon or guys with great great scores, but a lot of TK's too.
    >>I'm guessing some of the glowie hacks make it difficult to
    >>differentiate at high speeds.
    >>
    >>Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    >>are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    >>around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.
    >>
    >>Next game, same guy, this time on the opposite team, coming around the
    >>corner of a mountain....I see his bombs before I see him....
    >

    > Dunno if they were 'Hacking', but I was in a chopper with some guys
    > yesterday, and one of the engineers kept chucking mines out, the medic kept
    > throwing out health packs, so, as I was support, I started throwing out
    > ammo-packs.
    >
    > Made quite a few points too !!

    did you read the tread? Moronic muppet.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    > "James" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team
    >>AND the enemy team as well....?
    >

    > Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy will
    > give you a negative score ;-)
    >
    > Juergen Nieveler
    tehn no one will drop packs and it is hard enough to stay armed as AT or
    spec ops as it stands now because so few people play as support.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "James" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Jez" <iced_spear@nodamnspamdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> ...look for guys dropping their bombs before they've even come over
    >>> the horizon or guys with great great scores, but a lot of TK's too.
    >>> I'm guessing some of the glowie hacks make it difficult to
    >>> differentiate at high speeds.
    >>>
    >>> Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    >>> are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    >>> around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.
    >>>
    >>> Next game, same guy, this time on the opposite team, coming around the
    >>> corner of a mountain....I see his bombs before I see him....
    >>
    >> Dunno if they were 'Hacking', but I was in a chopper with some guys
    >> yesterday, and one of the engineers kept chucking mines out, the medic
    >> kept throwing out health packs, so, as I was support, I started throwing
    >> out ammo-packs.
    >>
    >> Made quite a few points too !!
    >

    > Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team AND
    > the enemy team as well....?
    Quite possible, but I did try to throw them in areas where our guys were,
    (By checking the map.).

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
    that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
    accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
    reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
    someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
    > "James" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team
    >> AND the enemy team as well....?
    >
    > Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy will
    > give you a negative score ;-)

    Hehe, yea that could work.

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
    that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
    accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
    reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
    someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Mr. Nemo" <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Jez wrote:
    >> "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>...look for guys dropping their bombs before they've even come over
    >>>the horizon or guys with great great scores, but a lot of TK's too.
    >>>I'm guessing some of the glowie hacks make it difficult to
    >>>differentiate at high speeds.
    >>>
    >>>Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    >>>are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    >>>around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.
    >>>
    >>>Next game, same guy, this time on the opposite team, coming around the
    >>>corner of a mountain....I see his bombs before I see him....
    >>

    >> Dunno if they were 'Hacking', but I was in a chopper with some guys
    >> yesterday, and one of the engineers kept chucking mines out, the medic
    >> kept throwing out health packs, so, as I was support, I started throwing
    >> out ammo-packs.
    >>
    >> Made quite a few points too !!
    >>

    > did you read the tread? Moronic muppet.

    Yes. Did you ?
    Insulting child.

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
    that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
    accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
    reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
    someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Mr. Nemo" <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

    >> Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy
    >> will give you a negative score ;-)
    >>
    > tehn no one will drop packs and it is hard enough to stay armed as AT
    > or spec ops as it stands now because so few people play as support.

    Please try to learn the meaning of smilies...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    famous last words: .....this IS the bugfix!!!!?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >>> Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy
    >>> will give you a negative score ;-)
    >>>
    >> tehn no one will drop packs and it is hard enough to stay armed as AT
    >> or spec ops as it stands now because so few people play as support.
    >
    > Please try to learn the meaning of smilies...

    One can appreciate the humor and still see the problems that might entail.
    Humor often results from pain. It's a coping mechanism.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in

    > Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    > are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    > around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.

    I understand that if you turn off some of the eye candy the grass
    disappears and you can see troops clearly. I think in some cases the fog
    limit may also go away so you can see across the map. Maybe PunkBuster
    needs to check that you're not running a too-cheap video card. Only people
    wealthy enough to pay for bleeding-edge hardware should be allowed to play.
    :/

    (This is why I dismiss eye candy in new games and look at the game play
    element. I find it disgusting how much attention is given to screen shots
    of fancy rendering hardware in game magazines and online reviews.)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    > "James" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team
    >>AND the enemy team as well....?
    >

    > Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy will
    > give you a negative score ;-)
    >
    > Juergen Nieveler

    thats a damn good idea, negative supply points.

    they could fix the ammo for corpses too, while they are at it.
    drop a ammo pouch on a corpse and you hear the click click click,
    dont think you get points, but good tactic to scare enemy nearby,
    if they think theres more alive than actualy are.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    > "Mr. Nemo" <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy
    >>>will give you a negative score ;-)
    >>>

    >>tehn no one will drop packs and it is hard enough to stay armed as AT
    >>or spec ops as it stands now because so few people play as support.
    >

    > Please try to learn the meaning of smilies...
    >
    > Juergen Nieveler
    I doubt the dice folks do as they implemented some rather odd things
    that no doubt had to have been suggestred with "smilies"
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    malcolm wrote:
    > Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    >
    >> "James" <jamesspamtrap@mourby.plusspam.com.invalid> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Doesn't chucking them around willy-nilly not just re-supply your team
    >>> AND the enemy team as well....?
    >>

    >> Here's an idea for the next patch - aiding and abetting the enemy will
    >> give you a negative score ;-)
    >>
    >> Juergen Nieveler
    >

    > thats a damn good idea, negative supply points.
    >
    > they could fix the ammo for corpses too, while they are at it.
    > drop a ammo pouch on a corpse and you hear the click click click,
    > dont think you get points, but good tactic to scare enemy nearby,
    > if they think theres more alive than actualy are.
    heh, never tried that. it would buy a grenade from me just to be sure if
    I heard it.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote in
    >

    >>Last night I'm lying in the middle of a field in high grass, ...tanks
    >>are driving past me, people are running past me... then with no one
    >>around me my own guy flys over and promptly drops his bombs on me.
    >

    > I understand that if you turn off some of the eye candy the grass
    > disappears and you can see troops clearly. I think in some cases the fog
    > limit may also go away so you can see across the map. Maybe PunkBuster
    > needs to check that you're not running a too-cheap video card. Only people
    > wealthy enough to pay for bleeding-edge hardware should be allowed to play.
    > :/
    >
    > (This is why I dismiss eye candy in new games and look at the game play
    > element. I find it disgusting how much attention is given to screen shots
    > of fancy rendering hardware in game magazines and online reviews.)
    you actually have the option in your settings for nVidia cards to turn
    fog table emulation to OFF. so you can see to the horizon anyway.

Hacking Games Video Games