Linksys router(BEFW11S4) and MS PCI card (MN-730) HElp!

Here is my problem. After an hour to an half hour, the
connection between my router and computer is lost and I
have no idea why. I already tried live support with the
nice people at Linksys, but they gave me the usual
runaround about updating my firware and selecting a
different channel, which I did, but I still have some
issues. Signal is not an issue. When it goes down,
something weird happens, I can still play other computers
on the network in LAN games, but I can't access the
internet, or file sharing on the other computers. Any
ideas?

Thanks. I don't know if this question has already been
asked, so sorry if it has.

Have you updated the firmware to the latest version on the Linksys router?
In addition, if you are using WEP, make sure 802.1x authenication is
disabled for the MN-730

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"pnpbios" <pnpbios@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is my problem. After an hour to an half hour, the
> connection between my router and computer is lost and I
> have no idea why. I already tried live support with the
> nice people at Linksys, but they gave me the usual
> runaround about updating my firware and selecting a
> different channel, which I did, but I still have some
> issues. Signal is not an issue. When it goes down,
> something weird happens, I can still play other computers
> on the network in LAN games, but I can't access the
> internet, or file sharing on the other computers. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks. I don't know if this question has already been
> asked, so sorry if it has.

how do you do that?

oh, I did update the firmware. The WEP is temporarily
disabled, does that matter?

Goto Network Connections
Right click the MN730 and goto Properties
Then click the authenication tab and uncheck everything there.

You should also make sure the card isn't being put to sleep for power saving
purposes.
To do this, goto Device Manager, then Find the MN-730 under the Network
Adapters
Look in that entries properties and uncheck the items under Power management

--

> how do you do that?

Thanks, I have been online for over an hour now. We will
see how that works. Should know tomorow morning.

Sounds good, keep us informed.

--

> Thanks, I have been online for over an hour now. We will
> see how that works. Should know tomorow morning.

It did it again this morning. I don't know if I already
said this, but I can still play games with other people
on my network, even though the Broadband Network Utility
says I'm not connected. In my network connections folder,
it says that my signal strength is full, and there are no
problems. Is this a DHCP issue or what? If i have to buy
new gear, which should I try for first?

BTW. the computers connected directly to the router work
just fine.