How do I serve live sound to listen remotely?

I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
6 answers Last reply
More about serve live sound listen remotely

    dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking.
    > I want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do
    > I do that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3
    > files.

    AFAICR shoutcast has an option to stream whatever input you want - tell it
    to stream your soundcard input (presumably a mic>)to the shoutcast server
    and pick it up at work.
    I can't remember how I did it but I had a similar setup for monitoring what
    was going on in my roon while I was away.
    --
    Chris Naylor
    http://chrisnaylor9123.fotopic.net

    "Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday."- Woody
    Allen

    Chris Thanks for your help. I'm having difficulty finding info on AFAICR
    Shoutcast. Is it a seperate plugin, or is it part of the Shoutcast plugin?

    Doug wrote:
    > Chris Thanks for your help. I'm having difficulty finding info on
    > AFAICR Shoutcast. Is it a seperate plugin, or is it part of the
    > Shoutcast plugin?
    >

    > "Chris Naylor" <neffNONSENSE@pobice.com> wrote:
    >> dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:
    >>> I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of
    >>> barking. I want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the
    >>> office. How do I do that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that
    >>> is for serving mp3 files.
    >>
    >> AFAICR shoutcast has an option to stream whatever input you want -
    >> tell it to stream your soundcard input (presumably a mic>)to the
    >> shoutcast server and pick it up at work.
    >> I can't remember how I did it but I had a similar setup for
    >> monitoring what was going on in my roon while I was away.

    Sorry - using abbreviations - what I meant was As Far As I Can Remember and
    was referring to ordinary shoutcast.

    --
    Chris Naylor
    http://chrisnaylor9123.fotopic.net
    *Cut the nonsense to reply*

    Don't bother me. I'm living happily ever after.

    lol! Sorry, I'm still a bit of a newsgroup newbie I guess.

    -

    dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
    > want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
    > that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

    Windows Media Encoder.

    dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
    > want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
    > that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

    Jetcast has a mic capability.

Audio