Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do I serve live sound to listen remotely?

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 6:02:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

--
-------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 7:45:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking.
> I want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do
> I do that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3
> files.

AFAICR shoutcast has an option to stream whatever input you want - tell it
to stream your soundcard input (presumably a mic>)to the shoutcast server
and pick it up at work.
I can't remember how I did it but I had a similar setup for monitoring what
was going on in my roon while I was away.
--
Chris Naylor
http://chrisnaylor9123.fotopic.net
*Cut the nonsense to reply*

"Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday."- Woody
Allen
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 7:45:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

Chris Thanks for your help. I'm having difficulty finding info on AFAICR
Shoutcast. Is it a seperate plugin, or is it part of the Shoutcast plugin?


"Chris Naylor" <neffNONSENSE@pobice.com> wrote:
> dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking.
> > I want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do
> > I do that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3
> > files.
>
> AFAICR shoutcast has an option to stream whatever input you want - tell
> it to stream your soundcard input (presumably a mic>)to the shoutcast
> server and pick it up at work.
> I can't remember how I did it but I had a similar setup for monitoring
> what was going on in my roon while I was away.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 8:18:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

Doug wrote:
> Chris Thanks for your help. I'm having difficulty finding info on
> AFAICR Shoutcast. Is it a seperate plugin, or is it part of the
> Shoutcast plugin?
>
>
> "Chris Naylor" <neffNONSENSE@pobice.com> wrote:
>> dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of
>>> barking. I want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the
>>> office. How do I do that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that
>>> is for serving mp3 files.
>>
>> AFAICR shoutcast has an option to stream whatever input you want -
>> tell it to stream your soundcard input (presumably a mic>)to the
>> shoutcast server and pick it up at work.
>> I can't remember how I did it but I had a similar setup for
>> monitoring what was going on in my roon while I was away.

Sorry - using abbreviations - what I meant was As Far As I Can Remember and
was referring to ordinary shoutcast.


--
Chris Naylor
http://chrisnaylor9123.fotopic.net
*Cut the nonsense to reply*

Don't bother me. I'm living happily ever after.
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 8:18:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

lol! Sorry, I'm still a bit of a newsgroup newbie I guess.

> Sorry - using abbreviations - what I meant was As Far As I Can Remember
> and was referring to ordinary shoutcast.

--
-
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 7:21:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
> want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
> that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.

Windows Media Encoder.

>
> --
> -------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
> Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

--
*******************************************
* My site is at: http://www.muyiovatki.dk *
*******************************************
September 2, 2004 8:14:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com wrote:

> I have a dog at home and I suspect that he is doing a lot of barking. I
> want to be able to monitor sounds from home at the office. How do I do
> that? I looked at Shoutcast but I think that is for serving mp3 files.
>
Jetcast has a mic capability.

--
The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an attempt to
minimize spam. Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
!