7870 Drivers Display drivers crashing

taintedducky

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
"Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered"

I have done literally everything... I've reinstalled the drivers, I've reseated the GPU, and I even followed the steps here:

http://xfxstorage.com/Support/ATI-Driver-Installation-Troubleshooting.pdf

Needless to say, that's all about the customer support is doing for me at the moment, and my drivers crash every 20 minutes or so. It's really annoying while playing games, or at any time in general.

Can anyone help me out?

EDIT: CPU| i5 2500k |MOBO| MSI P67A-GD55 |RAM| 8GB G.Skill |GPU| XFX 7870 Core Edition
|HDD| 1TB Seagate Barracuda |PSU| XFX 850 Core Edition
|Case| Haf 932 |CPUCooling| Noctua NH-C12P SE14 |OS| Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium

All of my temperatures are fine. When the drivers crash, my CPU is around 37 degrees usually, and my GPU is around 40 degrees.

justmatel

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I assume youre using 13.1 CCC? The Driver installion from their site?

Try looking up 12.4 or 12.8 and giving that a shot Its a lot more stable in terms of not fing up, Make sure you follow that PDF to uninstall ur current verion.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
if you have overclocked and your GPU is not stable, the drivers will crash...

If you have not overclocked, your card may not be stable at stock clocks so first update your drivers form the AMD website and if the problem is not solved, check your CPU load as that could cause the problem (It happened to me) and if cpu load is 100% that could be your problem...

Its unlikely that your card is damaged... If you tried all of the above and it still gets stuck, downclock your card a bit and try again... If this has fixed the problem it means that your card is unstable at stock clock speeds... If you are OK with getting 2-3fps less, use that same card but if not RMA it... If i were you and i had this problem, i would RMA it...