HD 7770 Won't Recognize DVI Monitor

Hi there. I have two monitors. An Acer that's just vga and a Gateway that has both vga and dvi. When I try to plug the Gateway into my ASUS HD7770-DC-1GD5-V2 via dvi, Windows doesn't recognize it. Which is weird because when I start my computer, the whole boot process is visible on the monitor up until the point when Windows loads. I have messed around with uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and even trying older versions of the drivers, but nothing worked. I actually think that the problem might be with the drivers themselves. When the drivers aren't installed, the Gateway is recognized as a generic monitor but doesn't allow for extending the desktop. Once I install the drivers, the monitor is no longer recognized. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about 7770 recognize monitor
  1. I'm also having problems with a AMD HD 7770 and a dual monitor setup. Since I upgraded my drivers to the latest 13.1 version I have problems with de 2nd monitor. Sometimes is not recognized, sometimes remains all black, had driver crashes,...
    I have Windows 8 Pro 64bit. I tried to reinstall the drivers but problems remain. I think it's 13.1 driver issue. With previous drivers I never had any problem...
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem. Hopefully someone will be able to help us.
  3. card can only output to 1 analog device. DVI can actually be either depending on design and I suspect yours is anaolg.
    To test this, boot up with only the dvi attached.
  4. I tried booting it twice. Once with the monitor plugged into the dvi-i and once plugged in the dvi-d. When I plugged it into the dvi-i the monitor had no signal at all. When plugged into the dvi-d, the monitor showed the bios loading screen and then the "Starting Windows" screen. But as soon as windows start-up is done, the monitor loses signal and goes black.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers DVI Monitors Gateway Graphics