Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question


Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2013 5:11:42 AM

I recently bought a new monitor (Samsung 27 inch) and its great. However, instead of having a DVI output on the monitor, I now have an HDMI output and an RGB output. So, long story short I've always had my monitor and tv on the same card so I can switch the displays (HD 6870). I'm now faced with running a DVI to HDMI from the card to the monitor, or running a DVI to HDMI adapter to the the TV. I wouldn't be too difficult except now I've been hearing that you can encode audio through some cards using DVI to HDMI. Can anyone point me in the most correct direction?

More about : dvi hdmi

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 8, 2013 1:16:43 PM

If you are wanting sound to the TV, leave it on HDMI and use a DVI to HDMI cable for your samsung monitor.