Transmit PC Audio Output to Radio?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 21, 2004 5:11:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech (More info?)

I've just read about the iTrip add-on for the iPod and I am wondering if
something similar exists that would allow me to broadcast the audio output
from my computer to the hifis in various places in my house.

I keep a lot of music as MP3s these days and having to play CDs and swap
them has become a bit of a drag, despite their superior quality. The range
would need to be about 10-15 metres and a couple of thin walls.

Or maybe there is a different way of doing this: using the wireless network
to carry the data and have some kind of decoder connected to the AUX port
on my hifi?

Thanks for any hints.

Iggy
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 8:44:52 PM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:11:10 GMT, Ignacy Sawicki wrote:

> I've just read about the iTrip add-on for the iPod and I am wondering if
> something similar exists that would allow me to broadcast the audio output
> from my computer to the hifis in various places in my house.
>
> I keep a lot of music as MP3s these days and having to play CDs and swap
> them has become a bit of a drag, despite their superior quality. The range
> would need to be about 10-15 metres and a couple of thin walls.

Here's one approach:

http://www.ccrane.com/fm-transmitter.aspx

Works very well in some environments, but may require some tweaking.
!