Sign in with
Your question

Borderlands 2 Physx

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2013 4:37:23 PM

I play a lot of borderlands 2, I want to upgrade my video card so I can run games like far cry 3, StarCraft II, and Skyrim at higher settings, I was looking at ATi cards because right now the 7000 series comes with free games, but I was wondering if I would notice the loss of Physx in borderlands due to no longer having an nvidia card?

Alright What I should have said was, I cant seem to find a cohesive answer about running physx on an ati card. What I want to know is do i lose Physx if I switch to an ATi card?

More about : borderlands physx

a c 91 U Graphics card
February 8, 2013 4:46:53 PM

if you're used to it you'll miss it right way. does bring something to the game even though the antis will disagree.
February 8, 2013 4:52:26 PM

I sunk a lot of time into Borderlands on an older laptop that didn't support physx. Now that I built a pc that can, I definitely notice it. Going back to without makes things feel static.

The dork that I am, the first time I realized I could shoot cloth items and they would flap and get holes accordingly, I definitely got a nerd boner.

I just wish more games made use of it. It does help make the world seem more dynamic. Of course, with AMD cards being unsupported, it probably isn't that high of a priority for game makers. That, and everything being designed for consoles... :( 
a c 185 U Graphics card
February 8, 2013 4:54:01 PM

[/quotemsg]
!