i want it to use in my project as a cooling media
my first circuit which is consists of coolant oil which is surrounded by engine
secondary opened circuit is of water which covers the oil circuit
now i want the proper coolant oil
so please reply me as soon as possible

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
What are you cooling? If it's a pc or another electronic device then mineral oil is the way to go as it is non conductive. If it's something else then why go with an oil?

It almost sounds as if you are setting up an oil-to-water heat exchanger to cool engine oil using the engine's water cooling system. That has been done multiple times before, particularly in diesel engines.* You would use the type/grade of oil specified by the engine manufacturer.

The other possibility you raise is a air-to-oil-to-water setup to try to evacuate heat from the engine compartment. If this is what you want to do, forget about it. You'd do much better off in increasing the ventilation to the engine compartment, increasing the cooling capacity of the radiator, or adding an engine oil cooler (either oil-to-water or oil-to-air.)

*Look at the 1980s International 6.9/7.3 L IDI engines used in Ford pickups from 1983-1994, International S-series medium-duty trucks and buses, as well as some IH combines for an example of the oil-to-water cooler. They all had oil-to-water heat exchangers to cool the engine oil. The oil cooler is the big cylindrical thing on the left (driver's) side of the engine below the exhaust manifold where the oil filter attaches.