My motherboard does not support my graphic card anymore

Hi guys, i have a small gaming rig, asus m2n68, 4gig ram, palit gtx 285. I was playing GTA IV the other day with medium settings when the machine froze and stopped displaying. Ever since, it has not displayed again. But i noticed that the motherboard could not support the card anymore. I placed the graphic card on a friends motherboard and everything worked fine. i also placed s small card on my motherboard (6600gt) and the machine displayed. What should i do now guys, help
8 answers Last reply
More about motherboard support graphic card anymore
  1. are you sure it isnt the psu that is no longer able to support the power draw of your card?
  2. What make/model of power supply are you using? It sounds more like a power problem vice a motherboard problem.
  3. SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM 700W
  4. That is a good PSU. When you swapped in the other GPU, did you install into the same slot that the GTX 285 would have been installed in?
  5. All i know is the card can suck a maximum of 185 watt and my cpu( AMD phenom 9950 BE) sucks about 125 max
  6. Yea. The same slot
  7. Verify that both of your 6-pin PCIe connectors are firmly connected at the GPU and at the PSU (one is likely hard-wired into the PSU and the other a modular connector, try another PCIe socket on your PSU if available).
  8. Just because a card works when plugged in does not mean it's fully functional. Video cards often fail in such a way that it only becomes apparent once the proper driver is installed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Palit Support Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics