Sign in with
Your question

The problem with nvidia gtx 660

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2013 7:00:31 PM

nvidia gtx 660 when enabled computer powers off so restart but same thing happens , plenty of power 650 watts , card ok no llose connections tried adjusting resolution not overheating so what is the problem , windows 7 64 bit ultimate i7 quad 8 gb ram , must be a fix or just 1 solution that fixes this prolem have read about many others with the same fault seen plenty of suggestions but no cure

More about : problem nvidia gtx 660

February 8, 2013 8:05:52 PM

Need more info...

What kind of 650w are we talking about?

Does the computer work for a while and then restart? Does it even boot to windows before restarting?

Does it only restart under heavy load?

Need more info.

m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 8, 2013 8:08:16 PM

full specs pls. so i can have an idea

m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2013 6:40:16 PM

iceclock said:
full specs pls. so i can have an idea

full specs are windows 7 64 bit ultimate 8 gig of ram 650 psu power supply gigabyte GA Z77-DS3H motherboard 1TERRABYTE HARDRIVE , ZALMAN CASE plenty of fans, need any more info ?
m
l
February 18, 2013 6:42:51 PM

Z1NONLY said:
Need more info...

What kind of 650w are we talking about?

Does the computer work for a while and then restart? Does it even boot to windows before restarting?

Does it only restart under heavy load?

Need more info.

650 psu power supply
computer works fo 1 to 2 minutes and boots to windows
no heavy load as nothing is started ie game or anything else
m
l
February 19, 2013 1:00:53 AM

If the computer worked fine before the 660 and only has the problems after installing the 660, then a few question come up:

Is your power supply capable of delivering the extra power that's demanded by the card? That's why we need to know the make and model of the "650w" PSU. If it's manufactured by duct-tape power inc, you might have a suspect.

Is there some sort of driver issue causing instability at idle? I have never heard of this happening outside of specific driver/game combinations, but it's a possibility.

Is the card itself faulty out of the box? Do you have another PC you could try it in?
m
l
!