Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660 Ti won't run 2 displays :(

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2013 9:40:23 PM

I just picked up a EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked. I plugged monitor 1 into the DVI-I connector with an adaptor. It works fine. I plugged monitor 2 into the DVI-D connector with a DVI-D to VGA adaptor. Now I understand that the DVI-D is digital only but kinda figured that's what the adapter was for. The monitor DOES have a DVI-D plug in the back so it does have digital capabilites. I just don't have a digital cable.

Anyway.... SHOULD monitor 2 work when I plut the VGA cord into a DVI-D-VGA adapter? Or will I HAVE to use a DVI-D cable because the adapters are just a farce?

Thanks,

Rob

More about : gtx 660 run displays

a c 133 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 8, 2013 9:51:27 PM

It wouldn't matter what cables you had connected to each monitor did you attempt to extend the displays? It won't work without you changing the setting yourself.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 8, 2013 10:15:30 PM

Most likely the adapters are just a farce. A dvi cable is cheap and will solve the problem.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 8, 2013 11:56:38 PM

the adapter is a farce. Theres no cheap way to convert a digital signal into the vga analog signal.
m
l
February 9, 2013 12:03:40 AM

swap the adapter to the dvi-I since it sends both analog and digital

edit ... oops, I read it wrong. that adapter wont work on the dvi-d. the reason it works on the dvi-i I stated above.
m
l
!