Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 650 wount work with windows8

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2013 5:58:43 AM

My son built me a computer the other day. The computer is to be used to take home movies and edit them and burn to a DVD so the family can watch them on TV. My old computer took about 8 hours to render 15 minutes of visual content. So it was very important that he got the right hardware to do this.
This is what we got:
cooler master 912 case
ASUS M5A97 R2.O 970 AM3+R
AMD 6 CORE FX-6100 3.3G 14M R
VGA ASUS GTX 650-DCO-1GD5 R
CORSAIR 600 WATT RT
MEM 4Gx2 KHX KHX 16C9B1RK2/8 R
HD 500 WD SATA III WD5000AAKK%
DVD BURN SAMSUNG SH-224BB %.
WINDOWS 8 PR 64 bit FULL PACKAGE
here IS MY PROBLEM, I CAN NOT have 2 open apps on the same screen. So I called windows tech support the tech hooked up to my computer and made a custom screen resolution of1366x768 . Then the snap function worked. But the screen was blurry and un- readable so he put the screen resolution back to the previous setting.
His conclusion was I need to upgrade my video card. And I am thinking no. I thought my son bought a video card that performed well. My son joined the Army and is now in boot-camp so I cant ask him about this issue.
Do I really need to upgrade video card.Help
Thanks
Rodney Garrett
April 16, 2013 9:06:16 PM

rodneyjay said:
My son built me a computer the other day. The computer is to be used to take home movies and edit them and burn to a DVD so the family can watch them on TV. My old computer took about 8 hours to render 15 minutes of visual content. So it was very important that he got the right hardware to do this.
This is what we got:
cooler master 912 case
ASUS M5A97 R2.O 970 AM3+R
AMD 6 CORE FX-6100 3.3G 14M R
VGA ASUS GTX 650-DCO-1GD5 R
CORSAIR 600 WATT RT
MEM 4Gx2 KHX KHX 16C9B1RK2/8 R
HD 500 WD SATA III WD5000AAKK%
DVD BURN SAMSUNG SH-224BB %.
WINDOWS 8 PR 64 bit FULL PACKAGE
here IS MY PROBLEM, I CAN NOT have 2 open apps on the same screen. So I called windows tech support the tech hooked up to my computer and made a custom screen resolution of1366x768 . Then the snap function worked. But the screen was blurry and un- readable so he put the screen resolution back to the previous setting.
His conclusion was I need to upgrade my video card. And I am thinking no. I thought my son bought a video card that performed well. My son joined the Army and is now in boot-camp so I cant ask him about this issue.
Do I really need to upgrade video card.Help
Thanks
Rodney Garrett

you might have display setting extended for 2 monitors at same time and if you are using 2 monitors make sure both have the correct resolution.
m
l
January 5, 2014 3:36:33 PM

I have the same DVD burner, what a coincidence and you might have this solved by now but anyways, it's not your graphics card that's bad, it's the monitor's resolution, but you should get the latest drivers from NVidia just to be sure: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/70184
m
l
Related resources
!