Sign in with
Your question

Laggy animations after fresh install and new gpu

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2013 7:02:15 AM

Today I recieved my new gpu (gtx690) and my new ssd (256gb 840 pro). I decided to do a fresh new install of windows 7 on the ssd which went well. After my first boot I installed the proper drivers for my motherboard then for my 690, as well as perform my windows updates. after installing the drivers and updates I noticed that when minimizing/maximizing tabs, and hovering my mouse over opened programs in the start bar, the anamations are very laggy. for example, when i minimize/maximize programs, the animations are laggy and look like they are moving at like 10 fps. One thing I did notice with my windows updates was that there was one failed update:

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1 Graphics Adapter WDD1.2. Other hardware- NVIDIA
Geforce GTX 690

Installation date 2/9/2013 3:10 AM

You may restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Installation Status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070103

Nvidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1 Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 Other hardware software update released in October, 2012

I am not sure if this has anything to do with my issue but still worries me. after I saw this I re installed the driver for my gpu then went to check windows updates but the update was not there anymore but never successfuolly installed in the first place. So now I am unsure as to what I should do.

-I have not attempted to run any games with my new gpu due to this issue.

Thanks!

specs:
i7 2600k (took OC off for fresh install. before was at 4.2)
Asus sabertooth Z77
EVGA gtx 690 with latest driver update (old gpu was gtx 570 hd)
dominator platinum ram 16gb @ 1866
Corsair HX 750
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
corsair h100i
Samsung 23a700d monitor set @ 120hz

February 9, 2013 2:31:12 PM

I got the problem resolved!
!