Solved

GTX 650 TI low FPS ?

I have the Asus GTX 650 TI and getting low FPS on games like assassins creed 3 , NFS run , mostwanted 2012
my system : core 2 duo E4300 @1.8 GHZ
ram 2 GB DDR2
GPU GTX 650 TI DDR5
PSU Cooler master 600watt
FPS are like
Assassins creed 3 : before Boston 60+ FPS & inside boston :10-15 FPS :(
NFS RUN : 30 FPS on cinematic ,on road 18-28 FPS :(
mostwanted 2012 : very fast starting 50 FPS after some time 15-20 FPS :(
DMC 5 : 38-70 FPS and sometimes 90 FPS on ultra !!
I am really confused !
any help wud be appreciated! :)
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. CPU and possibly RAM bottleneck, plain and simple.
    Your system is too weak and is holding back the graphics cards performance, gotta upgrade the CPU, mobo and RAM.
  2. Your cpu is bottlenecking your pc.it is very weak.you should have good cpu with gtx 650ti
  3. Also 2gb ram is holding you back.for new games 4gb is must
  4. :P well I can buy a new processor but I have to change the both mobo and ram which I cannot afford :( is there anything else I can do?
  5. Whats your budget?
  6. I can spend 200 USD :(
  7. You could overclock the CPU, but that wouldn't solve the issue, just alleviate it a bit. Though I wouldn't try, older CPU's are limited when it comes to overclocking as well as a lot more complex as you have to balance the RAM as well.

Seems you just have to grit your teeth until you can afford a platform upgrade.
    Lower some settings that are more CPU biased. Tweak with the settings until you find something that's playable.
  8. It is enough.get i3 3220 cpu + gigabyte h61 d2h + corsair 4gb ddr3 ram.it would be perfect.
  9. ^ With that suggestion, make sure its a revision 2 H61. Otherwise it wont work with the Ivy Bridge processor without a BIOS update (which requires a Sandy Bridge CPU to do)
  10. manofchalk said:
    You could overclock the CPU, but that wouldn't solve the issue, just alleviate it a bit. Though I wouldn't try, older CPU's are limited when it comes to overclocking as well as a lot more complex as you have to balance the RAM as well.

Seems you just have to grit your teeth until you can afford a platform upgrade.
    Lower some settings that are more CPU biased. Tweak with the settings until you find something that's playable.

thanks and will have to do that until I get to upgrade :)
  11. ASHISH65 said:
    It is enough.get i3 3220 cpu + gigabyte h61 d2h + corsair 4gb ddr3 ram.it would be perfect.

can I get any i7 ? coz my friends are already using i5 & i just dont want to go with that 2 core :P or I ll have to wait ! BTW thanks for the suggestions
  12. i7s are £200+ for the base models. i3s have hyper threading which gives 4 cores and to be honest few games use more than 2 anyway.

i7 is more for video editing/rendering, i5s are for high end gaming and i3s are for normal gaming and general interneting/word editing etc
  13. Your on a budget of $200 for multiple items and want a $300 part, aint gonna happen Im afraid.
  14. i3 is very strong dual core and it has hyperthreating and can handle games easily.
  15. I know and that will be costly & I can afford it after a month or two but now is there anything that I can do too increase the FPS a BIT by any software :)
  16. Best answer
    Mess around with settings, particularly ones that will use CPU performance rather than GPU.
    Try your hand at overclocking, just dont expect too much of a difference.
    Trim down on the software running in the background, anti-virus software oftens runs on startup and can be somewhat of a hog on performance.
  17. Best answer selected by sam1911.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Low FPS FPS Graphics