GPU or Monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Ok, I have a nVidia 660 Ti video card, Games run fine, No artifacts, great smooth play. But when my computer first boots on, My monitor is a dark shade of like grey, You can see, but you can clearly tell the color is faded. Once windows fully boots and everything loaded, Color turns to normal. Is this a sign my monitor is about to go out, or is this the GPU ?

Solution

Yes, preferably. Unless you have an HDMI cable, only then will your monitor run at 1080p. For some reason your monitor does not support full HD via a DVI port. Which is weird.

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

Doesn't seem to be any difference that I can tell, I'm assuming you mean fading or something, The monitor works fine for the most part, Its just everytime I reboot, and windows loads, It has a dark tint, then as soon as its loaded and all my stuff is loaded it goes to normal

That does not really seem like a problem.

Yes I meant fading. That usually indicates a failing inverter.

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

But, with other monitors, the color fading does not occur on windows boot, just on this monitor, Does this mean the monitor will go out soon or ? I mean for now it works, but with taxes if I need a new monitor now is the time :p

LOL odd, that was my initial thought. Yes it is definitely possible. VGA is just not as capable in some respects.

What monitor are you using?

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

A Dell ST2320L, its about 3 years old, The Dell monitor drivers are installed, So I should try using a DVI cable first then yes ?

Yes, preferably. Unless you have an HDMI cable, only then will your monitor run at 1080p. For some reason your monitor does not support full HD via a DVI port. Which is weird.

Solution

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I had this $70 hdmi cable I was using for my ps3, Ran my monitor from that and omg the difference is amazing, and the fade at the boot is completely gone, You my friend are a genius thank you 1000 times over, I almost went and bought a $300 monitor today

LOL its a pleasure man. But you kinda got there yourself too. ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.