What cassette deck sources are there out there?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
August 27, 2004 12:29:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

//Joel

More about : cassette deck sources

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 12:29:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

>I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
>ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
>searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

Your local library may have back issues of "Audio" magazine, either in
paper form or on microfilm. These might have reviews of individual
recorders, and their annual (December-issue) component directory would
almost certainly have at least basic information about the decks
available on the market at that time.

--
Dave Platt <dplatt@radagast.org> AE6EO
August 27, 2004 12:29:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <2p6odvFgt3n3U1@uni-berlin.de>, "Joel" <donfuego@sverige.nu>
wrote:

> I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
> ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
> searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.
>
> //Joel

librarys should have past issuse of hi-fi rags from that era
decks were heavily reviewed
August 27, 2004 12:29:52 AM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Joel wrote:

> I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
> ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
> searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.
>
> //Joel

This is an old link (1995), but it has some information and opinions about
cassette decks on it:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mleone/gdead/taping-guide/inde...

Doug
August 27, 2004 12:31:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

And what I really meant was RESOURCES ... sorry :)

"Joel" <donfuego@sverige.nu> wrote in message
I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.

//Joel
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 12:56:05 AM

"Dave Platt" <dplatt@radagast.org> wrote in message
> >I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
> >ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire
day
> >searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply
appreciated.

> Your local library may have back issues of "Audio" magazine, either in
> paper form or on microfilm. These might have reviews of individual
> recorders, and their annual (December-issue) component directory would
> almost certainly have at least basic information about the decks
> available on the market at that time.

October, IIRC.

Peace,
Paul
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 12:30:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Aug 26, 2004, Joel <donfuego@sverige.nu> commented:

> I'm looking for good sources of info on cassette decks. Especially older
> ones (1975-85). Tests, reviews, techs, specs, etc. Have spent the entire day
> searching on the net but didn't find much. Help would be deeply appreciated.
>--------------------------------snip----------------------------------<

Nakamichi had among the very best cassette decks ever made, particularly the
Dragon and the later CR-7A. Both decks had adjustable playback azimuth,
allowing you to quickly tweak the deck to almost all cassettes for optimum
playback (automatically in the case of the Dragon).

You can get some pretty good info on old Nakamichi decks from this period
here on the web:

http://www.naks.com/

and

http://www.sonicsense.com/nakfaq42.html