Upgrading Intel HD Graphics, $50 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperw

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hello,
I bought a computer a few months ago that came with integrated Intel HD Graphics and I want to upgrade it. I want to be able to play modern games like Battlefield 3 on atleast medium. I have a $50 budget, and a 300 watt PSU, which I know will limit my choices but that's my situation. My computer has one PCIe x16 slot. This is my first time buying and installing a graphics card or really any computer part besides a disc drive so I don't have much knowledge on graphics cards. I'm looking at a $42 Galaxy GeForce GT 440 2 GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0, which acoording to PassMark is one of the best performing video cards for my price range. The card must be from Amazon because I will be buying it using an Amazon giftcard.
My questions are
1. Will this card work in my computer?
2. Are there any better cards for the price that will work in my computer?

Thank you for reading.

Solution
Any way you can sell your giftcard on something like cardpool and save your money until you can get a radeon 7750? Its going for $89 on amazon. You could try the 440, I just think sub 30 fps is going to put you at a huge disadvantage against people getting 60+ at all times.

cooperw

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

MyUsername2

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Any way you can sell your giftcard on something like cardpool and save your money until you can get a radeon 7750? Its going for $89 on amazon. You could try the 440, I just think sub 30 fps is going to put you at a huge disadvantage against people getting 60+ at all times.

Solution
For $50, you'd be better off sticking with integrated. The value of entry level cards is abysmal, you would be better off saving until you can afford to spend $100, where you will likely see a 4x increase in performance compared to what you can get for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.