Sign in with
Your question

which of the newer Creative Soundblaster Lives

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
March 17, 2002 10:14:54 PM

which one of the newer Creative Soundblaster Lives are the best for an Athlon XP 1900 4.1 speaker surround system mostly for Gaming as well as Music....?
I had a Soundblaster Live Value and it kicked ass.... which one is more updated/better but not insane price. Also what all does that Platinum one have on the 5.25 drive equalizer thingy?? I'm building an Athlon XP 1900 with Geforce 4 ti4600 128 mb 3-d card, 512 Muschkin pc2100 ddr ram

thanks
March 18, 2002 1:39:31 AM

You do realize that all the Lives are the exact same card, except for the bundled software and breakout boxes on the Platinums?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!
March 18, 2002 10:37:50 PM

It is true, there is no difference except that the 5.1 SB cards offer 5.1 channel output (the original values did not give this feature). Unless you plan on connecting Midi Devices or inputing digital sound for sound editing, I do not recommend buying a Platium version. If you do need the digital inputs and outputs, but do not intend to use the remote control, get the <A HREF="http://www.tracertek.com/sblive.htm" target="_new">SB DB-3</A>. It will only cost you $34 and gives you the same features as the live drive. I have not seen the Audigy in action so I cannot recommend this add-on card for it, but it will work for any SB Live series card, including the 5.1 versions.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
!