MN-720 Wireless 802.11g notebook adapter driver?

I've missplaced my driver disk for my MN-720 Wireless
802.11g PCMCIA card. Windows update can't find it and
the only reference I see to a driver download on the net
is this page :
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_D
ownloads.aspx

and I have clicked every link on that page looking for
the download and there is none.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a driver for this
paperweight?
14 answers Last reply
More about wireless notebook adapter driver

    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?
    driverid=85464

    Download from there. That's the generic installer for
    the MN product line.

    the MS software is not redistributable. anyone that downloads this may be at
    risk if they install from this unsanctioned location. this file is a hack.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Goto
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_Downloads.aspx

    Select MN700
    Download the msbndownload.exe file

    Extract its contents with Winrar
    Right click msbn.msi and install it.

    After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you keep the default msbn
    install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "MITSO" <boooger6989@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've missplaced my driver disk for my MN-720 Wireless
    > 802.11g PCMCIA card. Windows update can't find it and
    > the only reference I see to a driver download on the net
    > is this page :
    > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_D
    > ownloads.aspx
    >
    > and I have clicked every link on that page looking for
    > the download and there is none.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea where I can get a driver for this
    > paperweight?

    I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
    put the driver on their website like any other
    respectable company? This is absurd.

    Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
    driver for it, yeah.

    Microsoft MVP Jason Tsang has posted this many times in this newsgroup:
    =====
    Goto

    ====
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
    > put the driver on their website like any other
    > respectable company? This is absurd.
    >
    > Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
    > driver for it, yeah.

    I think I posted that in this thread too <g>

    --

    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Microsoft MVP Jason Tsang has posted this many times in this newsgroup:
    > =====
    > Goto
    > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_Downloads.aspx
    >
    > Select MN700
    > Download the msbndownload.exe file
    >
    > Extract its contents with Winrar
    > Right click msbn.msi and install it.
    >
    > After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you keep the default msbn
    > install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking
    > ====
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
    > > put the driver on their website like any other
    > > respectable company? This is absurd.
    > >
    > > Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
    > > driver for it, yeah.

    LOL!
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
    >I think I posted that in this thread too <g>
    >
    > --
    > Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Find out about the MS MVP Program -
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Microsoft MVP Jason Tsang has posted this many times in this newsgroup:
    >> =====
    >> Goto
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_Downloads.aspx
    >>
    >> Select MN700
    >> Download the msbndownload.exe file
    >>
    >> Extract its contents with Winrar
    >> Right click msbn.msi and install it.
    >>
    >> After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you keep the default
    >> msbn
    >> install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking
    >> ====
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
    >> > put the driver on their website like any other
    >> > respectable company? This is absurd.
    >> >
    >> > Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
    >> > driver for it, yeah.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    You know, it doesn't matter that it has been posted to
    this group multiple times.

    What does matter is that the average computer user isn't
    going to be saavy enough to FIND this group.

    The driver needs to be more easily accessible. Microsoft
    needs to post this driver like most other companies do,
    on their web site as a separate download.

    --Ron

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Believe me, Ron, the MVPs have said that for a long time. We go to other
    sites, for a graphics card driver or similar, and the full information
    including the date of posting, the version number, etc., is always listed so
    you know what you're getting.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Ron Gabrielson" <agent97@geeksquad.com> wrote in message
    > You know, it doesn't matter that it has been posted to
    > this group multiple times.
    >
    > What does matter is that the average computer user isn't
    > going to be saavy enough to FIND this group.
    >
    > The driver needs to be more easily accessible. Microsoft
    > needs to post this driver like most other companies do,
    > on their web site as a separate download.
    >
    > --Ron

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    "Ron Gabrielson" <agent97@geeksquad.com> wrote in message
    > You know, it doesn't matter that it has been posted to
    > this group multiple times.
    >
    > What does matter is that the average computer user isn't
    > going to be saavy enough to FIND this group.
    >
    > The driver needs to be more easily accessible. Microsoft
    > needs to post this driver like most other companies do,
    > on their web site as a separate download.
    >
    > --Ron

    Absolutely right on! It is pathetic the way MS has set up the support pages
    for this product line - a couple of days work by someone with a clue would
    make a huge difference.
  11. I have a microsoft broadband networking wireless notebook adapter MN-720, 802.11g/WI-FI that I will sell. Call Nancy at 360507-4928
  12. THE ANSWER IS HERE! I couldn't believe how easy it was. I even found the disc and it didn't work until I followed the instructions here...

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445

    Hope this helps everyone.
  13. Hi I'm in need of assistance. I have a wireless notebook adapter and I want to install it, but I don't have the cd-rom to install it. Where can I download free software for it?
  14. I also have a microsoft wireless mn-820 and I cannot find the software disc. Not even microsft s site has it. Any ideas? Samparra@live.com

Routers Wireless WiFi Networking