Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

MN-720 Wireless 802.11g notebook adapter driver?

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Wireless
  • WiFi
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 13, 2004 5:03:36 AM

I've missplaced my driver disk for my MN-720 Wireless
802.11g PCMCIA card. Windows update can't find it and
the only reference I see to a driver download on the net
is this page :
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
ownloads.aspx

and I have clicked every link on that page looking for
the download and there is none.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a driver for this
paperweight?

More about : 720 wireless 802 11g notebook adapter driver

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 13, 2004 12:41:25 PM

the MS software is not redistributable. anyone that downloads this may be at
risk if they install from this unsanctioned location. this file is a hack.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Goto
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...

Select MN700
Download the msbndownload.exe file

Extract its contents with Winrar
Right click msbn.msi and install it.

After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you keep the default msbn
install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"MITSO" <boooger6989@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've missplaced my driver disk for my MN-720 Wireless
> 802.11g PCMCIA card. Windows update can't find it and
> the only reference I see to a driver download on the net
> is this page :
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
> ownloads.aspx
>
> and I have clicked every link on that page looking for
> the download and there is none.
>
> Anyone have any idea where I can get a driver for this
> paperweight?
April 14, 2004 1:40:24 AM

I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
put the driver on their website like any other
respectable company? This is absurd.

Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
driver for it, yeah.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 2:05:22 AM

Microsoft MVP Jason Tsang has posted this many times in this newsgroup:
=====
Goto

====
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
> put the driver on their website like any other
> respectable company? This is absurd.
>
> Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
> driver for it, yeah.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 5:19:40 AM

I think I posted that in this thread too <g>

--

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft MVP Jason Tsang has posted this many times in this newsgroup:
> =====
> Goto
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
>
> Select MN700
> Download the msbndownload.exe file
>
> Extract its contents with Winrar
> Right click msbn.msi and install it.
>
> After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you keep the default msbn
> install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking
> ====
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Associate Expert
>
> "Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
> > put the driver on their website like any other
> > respectable company? This is absurd.
> >
> > Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
> > driver for it, yeah.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 5:19:41 AM

LOL!
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
>I think I posted that in this thread too <g>
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Microsoft MVP Jason Tsang has posted this many times in this newsgroup:
>> =====
>> Goto
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
>>
>> Select MN700
>> Download the msbndownload.exe file
>>
>> Extract its contents with Winrar
>> Right click msbn.msi and install it.
>>
>> After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you keep the default
>> msbn
>> install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking
>> ====
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
>> > put the driver on their website like any other
>> > respectable company? This is absurd.
>> >
>> > Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find the
>> > driver for it, yeah.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 12:10:39 PM

You know, it doesn't matter that it has been posted to
this group multiple times.

What does matter is that the average computer user isn't
going to be saavy enough to FIND this group.

The driver needs to be more easily accessible. Microsoft
needs to post this driver like most other companies do,
on their web site as a separate download.

--Ron

Downloads.aspx

>Select MN700
>Download the msbndownload.exe file
>
>Extract its contents with Winrar
>Right click msbn.msi and install it.
>
>After you install it, the drivers will be in (if you
keep the default msbn
>install directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband
Networking
>====
>--
>Chris H.
>Microsoft Windows MVP
>Associate Expert
>
>"Chris" <cbartow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have the exact same problem. Why the heck don't they
>> put the driver on their website like any other
>> respectable company? This is absurd.
>>
>> Paperweight is what its gonna be soon if I cant find
the
>> driver for it, yeah.
5_
>>>ownloads.aspx
>>>
>>>and I have clicked every link on that page looking for
>>>the download and there is none.
>>>
>>>Anyone have any idea where I can get a driver for this
>>>paperweight?
>>>.
>>>

>.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 12:30:08 PM

Believe me, Ron, the MVPs have said that for a long time. We go to other
sites, for a graphics card driver or similar, and the full information
including the date of posting, the version number, etc., is always listed so
you know what you're getting.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Ron Gabrielson" <agent97@geeksquad.com> wrote in message
> You know, it doesn't matter that it has been posted to
> this group multiple times.
>
> What does matter is that the average computer user isn't
> going to be saavy enough to FIND this group.
>
> The driver needs to be more easily accessible. Microsoft
> needs to post this driver like most other companies do,
> on their web site as a separate download.
>
> --Ron

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2004 3:26:28 PM

"Ron Gabrielson" <agent97@geeksquad.com> wrote in message
> You know, it doesn't matter that it has been posted to
> this group multiple times.
>
> What does matter is that the average computer user isn't
> going to be saavy enough to FIND this group.
>
> The driver needs to be more easily accessible. Microsoft
> needs to post this driver like most other companies do,
> on their web site as a separate download.
>
> --Ron

Absolutely right on! It is pathetic the way MS has set up the support pages
for this product line - a couple of days work by someone with a clue would
make a huge difference.
March 12, 2007 4:01:07 PM

I have a microsoft broadband networking wireless notebook adapter MN-720, 802.11g/WI-FI that I will sell. Call Nancy at 360507-4928
June 21, 2009 3:39:39 AM

Hi I'm in need of assistance. I have a wireless notebook adapter and I want to install it, but I don't have the cd-rom to install it. Where can I download free software for it?
March 7, 2010 5:22:57 AM

I also have a microsoft wireless mn-820 and I cannot find the software disc. Not even microsft s site has it. Any ideas? Samparra@live.com