Possible for me to run 3 monitors with a 670? Different Card?

Repress

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Today i picked up a few parts
here is my build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CxLl

Only things i have not picked up are my case, a 1tb drive and a video card the one listed was the one people have been telling me to get.

Will i be able to run lets say Skyrim on 3 monitors with a decent framerate?

Repress

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Don't plan on doing any 3D (glasses?)
Would it be better for me to do it on a multi card setup?
My Mobo supports sli or crossfire right? (Asus P8Z77-V LK)
If so what cards and would i need a higher wattage power supply?

I was just tempted to do this after seeing a beautiful display over at a microcenter
and was wondering if it was possible for me to pull off.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Yeah, I say that because if the 7970 is the best option for what they want, I'm going to recommend it. If he wanted to use this build for editing or play games in 3d, it would be a different story. If nvidia drivers make a 670 stronger than a 7970, I will recommend a 670. If none of those are true, then why in God's name would I recommend an inferior product. So you're right, I will always recommend a 7970 over a 670. Some nvidia cards that are worth the value, the 660(depending on the day), the 650ti, and 660ti is beginning to be reasonable. So you tell me, why would it be smart for him to get a card that is generally weaker than a 7970? Then you are telling him that he should get a card that is even worse suited for his situation because it is a well known fact that amd is better for multi monitor and greater than 1080p resolutions. So if you want me to make a stupid recommendation to prove I am not a fan boy. I am a fan boy.

Repress

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

I have already purchased almost everything on the list and it was 595 out the door :] was pretty happy with that
(Still get to mail in rebates to!!)

They had a sale on the ram and it came out to 64.99 after taxes 2x8gb so i said why not 2x4gb was 50$

Only things left on my list to buy are
Graphic's card
Case
Aftermarket Cooler
1tb HD
Keyboard
Mouse
Monitor/s

Two 670's or two 7970's Is definitely out of reach for me I have 700$ to spend this month, maybe 300-600$ next month

I am going to hold off on buying the keyboard/mouse/cooler till a later date,
but i need a monitor graphics card and case under 700$

Thanks for the replies i guess ill just have to go with a single monitor was going to wait till next month if i could run a 3 monitor setup pretty well so any suggestion on monitors in the 120-180 Range? Which would probably a be a 21-23.
Any Suggestions there? :]

I have a 20 inch HP monitor im using currently.

Well it depends. I knew a guy that had a ROG laptop that had a 5770 in it. He told me he was upgrading to a desktop and he told me he read online about NVIDIA and he got a 680. After I built the rig for him. He was telling me how he liked the UI and the process of getting NVIDIA drivers installed. Now no where did i say one card out performs the other. My point is that some peoples personal preference maybe be they want a card that is backed by easy usability and stable.

This guy is only playing skyrim and with multi monitor i do agree with you a 7970 would do the job with the 3GB of vram. But like you, I don't always suggest 7970 is the best option.

Repress

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Only games i am playing currently are, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Skyrim, (purchasing bf3), Path of exile, and i plan on playing the elder scrolls MMO coming out soon.

Would like to add, would either of the cards you suggest work well on a single 24-27 inch monitor?
or should i stick with a 21-23 im actually really happy with my 1600x900 monitor but i do miss my 1920x1080 (stopped using it because ihad tearing in diablo 3 with my old rig)

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Repress

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

This is probably all i can do for now :] i edited my post my budget is actually 700$ but ill be using that extra money to pick up a more expensive case.

thanks for all the replies

It got sort of lost, but i am willing to wait on a monitor to get a bigger one, would either of those cards 7970, 670, run well with a 27 inch monitor like this for example
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Monitors/XP600AA

Repress

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

I was asking whether or not i could pull it off with 1 670 card , but with my budget constraints its not possible
and you guys said it would not perform well with a single card.

So now im asking about a single monitor, from maybe 24-27.