Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Importing Graphics Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2013 3:23:03 AM

Hello :D 

I live in New Zealand and I want to put a MSI GTX670 Power edition graphic card in my new PC Build. Finding one in NZ store is more painful than I care to explain. Can I buy one from someone like newegg (which ship overseas) and install it in my rig? Are the graphics over here exactly the same as over there??

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 3:29:18 AM

I'm inclined to say yes; it should work in your rig no problem.

Drivers are not nation specific so I don't see why the GPU it's self would be. The only problem I can foresee is if you plan to hook it up to a TV which is PAL, vs NTSC. And even then I think the GPU/drivers would auto detect and change the out put.

FYI
NTSC is the video system or standard used in North America and most of South America. In NTSC, 30 frames are transmitted each second. Each frame is made up of 525 individual scan lines.

PAL is the predominant video system or standard mostly used overseas. In PAL, 25 frames are transmitted each second. Each frame is made up of 625 individual scan lines.
httx://ihffilm.com/videostandard.html (quick google search for something to refrence....)
February 10, 2013 3:51:28 AM

Thats awesome news! Also looking at importing a MSI Z77A G45 Motherboard which is also impossible to find. Would it be worth contacting MSI and asking them about it??
February 10, 2013 3:58:49 PM

Best answer selected by ShadowProject.
!