Computer keeps freezing but sound still plays!

vobakon

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hello, recently my computer has had some trouble with freezing up and it is constant. After playing DayZ my computer froze forcing me to hard restart. After this it was freezing before it even got to the desktop. Since then it has gotten better but still freezes sometimes not for hours or sometimes it will be after 10 minutes (mainly after I open a program and in particular games). When the computer does freeze the sound still plays and sometimes the screen will say no signal and go blank. Please Help!

could be a few issues. I would start with hardware monitor check your gpu and cpu temps. I would open your case and make sure the cpu and gpu fan are moving and there no dust bunnies eating your cpu. boot off a hirem boot cd..scan for virus and run hd tune check your hard drive and run memtest for your ram. gpu will lock up under games/stress if the fan does not spin up to meet the load. most newer bios and drivers keep the gpu at 30-40 percent speed to keep the noise down. sometime you need 3 party program like msi afterburner to ram up the fan profile. if it not a heat issue toss up your make and size of your power supply. if your ps has issues most times under load it shows up as a gpu issues.