Updating HD7670m drivers

GTarablus

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hey guys, first time here :)
So I just got a new laptop, a Samsung NP350V5C-SO6IL specs:
Intel core i7 3610QM @ 2.3 GHz (Turbo boost ~3.20)

Intel HD Graphics 4000 with AMD Radeon HD 7670m 2GBs

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Windows 8 64

Ok so my problem is, I don't think my AMD card is properly installed software wise, device manager says its updated and the driver version is the latest that I found on Sammy's site. I installed Catalyst via AMD's site and and when I try opening it, it claims there are no settings for it to configure which I understood means it doesn't recognize my card properly. I tried looking for driver updates on AMD's site but they only gave me some software to check if everything is legit or something like that.
This is a little frustrating and I was hoping my rig could at least run MOST of 2012 games on low-medium, and it could run all of them on high if it weren't for the GPU. I wanted especially the exclusives like The Witcher 2 which works horribly with terrible input lag on low and I was hoping maybe having my drivers and with the help of Catalyst will give me a little boost in gaming..
On a side note, doesn't it seem a bit odd that I can run DMC4 on super high with 60FPS (MSAA off) And can't manage to run The Witcher 2 properly? or NFS:MW on medium and not Witcher?

you should be able to do skyrim/bf3 at medium/high settings no problem.

let me give you the short answer though.

samsung custom makes the motherboard of the laptop and it uses custom made drivers to bring it all together.

chances are, if you try to install the "AMD" catalyst drivers directly from amd, you will lose some features like usb 3.0, some other stuff like external controllers, blah blah blah. you need the samsung modified catalyst drivers.

i have an hp 15.6 with an a10-4600m which is an apu with the 7660g graphics built on the cpu die. now i dont know if i got lucky because i did a fresh install for an ssd that i installed, but i first downloaded and installed the hp drivers that were built for my laptop. then i downloaded the amd mobility 13.1 drivers and installed them and everything works fine for me.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

you have windows 8 tho, search for them

also check out this thread about overclocking our very similar gpus

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/83246-35-overclocking-7660g-7670m-6620g

GTarablus

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I saw someone on YouTube running BF3 on ultra with my card :p
You're saying I should be able to run The Witcher 2 easily?

The drivers all seem to be up-to-date with the Samsung drivers on the site. What annoys me is that I don't have a control panel-like thing for my AMD card. I had it on my old PC with an Nvidia and I have it now-- for the freaking 4000 HD card!
I think I might have shot myself in the leg, cause when I just got the PC I f'ed something up with the first boot and had to do a fresh start (pretty much reinstalling) Windows 8, and in the process I lost all the Samsung apps that came with, including my mousepad drivers. You think I might have lost something to do with the 7670 in the process?

GTarablus

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Those drivers are what's already installed. I never installed other drivers, Catalyst kept saying my drivers aren't supported and I should get updates from my manufacturer.
So to make it simple: The drivers installed are the drivers I got with the PC, the same on Sammy's site for my PC. Catalyst won't run on my PC.
Oh and half the time I notice in device manager that my PC disabled the 7670 cause it was sending an error or something.

im guessing something went wrong with an installation somewhere. do you have lucid virtu installed? its possible that is messing with the graphics switching over to intel 4000 when you go to game. yes, witcher should run easily

you can look up how to do a clean driver wipe of the amd drivers and reinstall them fresh

GTarablus

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Never heard of lucid virtu..
It seems Witcher 2 and Fable 3 are the only games giving me a problem.. GTA IV, DMC4, FIFA 13, L4D2 all run on ultra at steady 60/30 FPS. Even Batman: Arkham City and Need For Speed: Most Wanted run on medium wit steady frames.
Witcher 2 works fine frame wise but has an input lag even on low.. Could Fable and Witcher be using my Intel HD instead of the 7670?

click on the up arrow down by the system clock where the system tray is and click on customize. it brings up a window that shows which icons are shown and hidden from the system tray. is there an amd one in there and is set to hidden? if it is change it to show all the time, exit out of that, then right click on is icon and go to properties or whatever.

GTarablus

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hey man just wanted to update and say everything's working now, Samsung's SW update popped up and installed all kinds of Samsung apps that were lost when I cleaned the computer. It brought with it "Disply Drivers" that after installtion and a reboot brought Catalyst Control Center, and let me choose performance options for each games. Apprently I can easily run Fable 3 and Witcher 2 on high and damn it looks AMAZING!! Thanks alot for your help man!!

ismailcool

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

hi :)
i have got a samsung np350v5c s0eae
the problem is that i reinstalled windows 8 and i m unable to find its actual drivers for amd hd 7670m
any help pls i m in a great trouble :/

lordon gewitt

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

HEY MAN IM IN A FIX ......i have the same problem that you had.....please help me fix this...what did you exactly do? i mean the steps you followed...plz help :)