how to make a dual power supply ?

G

Does any one knows how to connect two power supplies to work both at the same time (secondary p.s. will be used for fans and devices only)?

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
yeah somebody already asked that and got answer, surf through the posts, look for ones with power supply (aka PS or PSU) in the subject line.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

Look <A HREF="http://www.burningissues.net/how_to/power/psu.htm" target="_new">here.</A>

I'm afraid I don't have a link to the connecting of AT PSUs, if that's what you're after.

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>

Hmmm. There's a AT to ATX cable in www.quietpc.com in their wiring section. That would allow for an at if you digged up the parallel loom first.

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
d00d, are you on cracks? K, check it out, that cable makes an ATX PS work with an AT board. All this guy wants to do is power the DRIVES with the second power supply, that's why I recommended at AT power supply, they can be had almost everywhere for free and most run without a motherboard attached.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sure. In fact, his first post implied that they would not be connected together. While having them connected to a common power switch is handy, it's unnecessary and not worth the trouble IMO.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?