Confused with DDR3 and DDR5 of same model

ajstyls

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
hi friends,
i have one big question regarding Radeon gfx model no- Radeon 6670 HD 1GB .

Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card
and Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card

can any one tell me what is the difference between them?
why people are suggestion to buy DDR5 gfx? can it play all the high end games at ultra setting?

why techie people are suggesting that model? what they have actually saw in that model can they explain? or anybody?

and what about zotac nvidia GT630 synergie edition 4GB is it good enough to buy that gfx?
what is the diffrence between zotac nvidia GT630 synergie edition 4GB v/s Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card.

suggest me any gfx which can play these games at ultra settings without lagging or having some trouble.

1. The Run
2. Call Of Duty : Black Ops II

my specifications are :

core2duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz
3 GB Ram
160HDD+ 1TB external.
motherboard- ECS GT31-M7
17" HCL LCD monitor

please help me to clear my queries.

regard's
aj styls

Like they just said, the DDR5 is faster memory than DDR3. But in real world use, there is very little performance difference in these 2 cards. The DDR5 adds very little actual benefit, its more of a selling point on this particular tier of GPU. If your budget is tight, get the lesser expensive one. You cannot judge the speed of a GPU by specs alone, you need to check out actual benchmarks.

darkmendez

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
DDR5 won't exist til another 10 years......GDDR5 is now mainstream for a video cards. GDDR memory is specialized for GPUs, DDR memory is pure memory but might be complications for the video card.

darkmendez

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I'm about to answer all your questions with 1 answer.....POWER SUPPLY (PSU). When you get a stay-a-lone video card, it acquires more power. AND JUST BECAUSE A GT630 HAS MORE RAM, DOESN'T MAKE IT BETTER! Buy a bigger PSU before you buy another video card.

seems plenty of people have answered your questions.

1) GDDR5 is like 2 or 3 times faster then DDR3... that said you'll likely only see like 10%-20% improvement in performance on an HD 6670 with GDDR5 over GDDR3. It's significant but not amazing.

the 6670 GDDR5 version will not play modern games on ultra settings unless your monitor maxes out at like 720p or something small like that. Not even close for great gaming at 1080p. Its a good budget card, which shines on ancient monitors, but otherwise is underwhelming.

2) in the grand scheme of things the GT 630 and HD 6670 are about the same... if the choice is between a GT 630 with GDDR3 and an HD 6670 with GDDR5 you'll probably find the HD 6670 to be moderately faster and better card.

ajstyls

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

i am having Odyssey 450 Watts. is it good enough?

TRENDING THREADS