Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Q] Which is better Sapphire 7950 VaporX OC Or Gigabyte 7950 Windforce

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2013 9:13:20 AM

As The Question says,Which is better Sapphire 7950 VaporX OC Or Gigabyte 7950 Windforce? :whistle: 
a c 185 U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 9:39:46 AM

Flip a coin. Both are good i personally think Sapphire 7950 VaporX is the best 7950 Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.Just get either one both are good.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 10, 2013 9:44:48 AM

The model is good but the Brands are both wrong !

Why?

Sapphire are well known for their "limited" functionality of their pcb's (in other words it will wear down faster than your warranty says, altough u are covered here) and Gigabyte are providing poor quality components on their pcb as well and their cooling system is a joke (shitforce), so between these 2, i would pick the lesser evil if u really want one of these.

In my experience brands like Asus, MSI, Gainward are awesome choices but depends on the brand if their offer amd cards or OC versions of it, though' hotshot just mentioned a better candidate for you, HIS is not so popular as Sapphire or Gigabyte but they do a better job at giving consumers a card that does it all, and most importantly wont fail right when your playing that high level kickass game u just bought.
February 10, 2013 9:45:05 AM

And How bout The HIS One?
m
l
a c 76 U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 10:05:30 AM

valentyn0 said:
Sapphire are well known for their "limited" functionality of their pcb's (in other words it will wear down faster than your warranty says, altough u are covered here) and Gigabyte are providing poor quality components on their pcb as well and their cooling system is a joke (shitforce), so between these 2, i would pick the lesser evil if u really want one of these.

Sapphire is well known for being a very close board partner with AMD, creating very good custom products, and their high end like the Toxic and VaporX are extremely well done.

I also know my experience with their warranty department was, quite frankly, outstanding. And it certainly wasn't their "limited" PCB "wearing out." Neither of which would have anything to do with the other. Or is true. That's a load of malarkey if I ever heard one.

This involved a cat, a side fan, and a cup of tea. I fully expected a bill for repair or a regular 6950. Instead they had a brand new 6950 toxic in my hands in 2 weeks, which was a very limited card and out of production over a year.
m
l
February 10, 2013 10:06:26 AM

Best answer selected by hotshot2797.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 10:14:32 AM

valenten0 - you say a lot about these card without any hard facts. If you are going to crap all over a product - show us some proof - not "it's well know".
-Bruce
Edit: I see unksol beat me to the calling out.
m
l
February 10, 2013 10:18:33 AM

dish_moose said:
valenten0 - you say a lot about these card without any hard facts. If you are going to crap all over a product - show us some proof - not "it's well know".
-Bruce
Edit: I see unksol beat me to the calling out.

I'm going for Sapphire
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 10:31:07 AM

The more time you spend here at Tom's you will notice a few very knowledgeable people that truly post good info and are able to back it up with fact or past experience. - unksol and bigcyco1 being some of them.
-Bruce
m
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 10:32:19 AM

I would seriously disagree about Sapphire being less than great. They are one of AMDs biggest partners and I have NEVER had issues with them. And I have own quite a few of them.

The Vapor-X is a famously efficient and quiet cooler. I prefer the Dual-X OC models(slightly better caps and PCB), but the Dual-X coolers are not as quiet.
m
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 10:54:57 AM

dish_moose said:
The more time you spend here at Tom's you will notice a few very knowledgeable people that truly post good info and are able to back it up with fact or past experience. - unksol and bigcyco1 being some of them.
-Bruce
Thanks mate. :) 
m
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 12:00:19 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Thanks mate. :) 

LOL I agree with him, but can't EVER remember the usernames. Just recognize the avatars.
m
l
!