Mini display port NVIDIA

nowikovs12

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have been searching on internet and had little luck as many of the cards have been discontinued.

I would like to know which current NVIDIA graphics cards, (except GTX690) have mini display port, and will I be ok, if for instance I have two graphics cards, one GTX 680 and other less powerful but with the mini display port? Will it effect the performance?

I don't want to get the GTX 690 as I'm not a gamer, it's expensive and in 3D software will not utilize the 4 GB. But if there are no other solutions, then I will have to get that card as it has that port.

The idea is that I have my 27 inch iMac, late 2011 and I want to use it as a screen for my PC. This is only possible with one MDP (male) to MDP (male) cable. No adapters or converters will work effectively.

I would appreciate if you could post your comments. Maybe some of you have macs, and successfully use them as screens, please share your experience.

Thanks again,

nowikovs12

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Thank you for your reply "noidea_77"

It should work, since it has the same displayport output and it looks like it fits the GTX680.

I will give it a try, thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS