Pinnacle Studio 7...Other Options?

G

I recently purchased the Pinnacle AV Studio 7 (which comes with the Studio software and a DC10+ PCI capture card).

Problem is the DC10+ simply refuses to work in my new system, running Windows 98. Its drivers cause immediate "Divide by zero" errors when one of the system-tray programs that drive the card try to load. Essentially, even on a plain vanilla Win98SE install, it fails. So I'm probably going to put it up on EBAY and try for something else.

I was thinking a USB option. Can someone recommend a decent USB Analog Capture option that wont run me more than $100 bucks? Ideally I'm going to be capping 8mm and VCR format, I doubt I'll get anything higher res that that (ie: Dont think I'll go DV, and if I do, I'll add a firewire card to the box).

Suggestions?

G

Contact Pinnacle tech support BY PHONE and get them to help you making the card work.

A USB device will not give you even a close quality to the DC10+

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

G

Shortly after I posted this note here, I received an e-mail from Pinnacle tech support who said they suspect I might have a bad board, and that they would issue me a replacement.

We'll see how that goes. So all hope is not yet lost....Yeah, I hear this is about the best analog capture board out there in the $100 range.......