does anyone know a site that i can SEND a ringtone to my p..

Last response: in Brands
June 12, 2004 11:13:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

hey does anyone know i site that i can just give them my number and they
will send me the ringtone, cause i WILL NOT connect to hte internet
just to get a ringtone! all of u r thinking o yay its free!! no its
really not. did u ever realize that it costs money to connect to the
internet like using WAP or Mmode.... there is only one site that i know
of (nextones.com) that will send a tone to my phone without me
connecting to the internet.... however it costs money to send them. so
if someone knows a site where i can just send a tone to my phone for
free id really appreciate it

thanks

--
lilmike09
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t124920.html

More about : site send ringtone

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 8:16:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

there is no free site who will do that so u might as well use wap and goto
newtonez.com ok.
June 14, 2004 5:37:25 AM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:13:20 -0500, lilmike09 wrote:

> hey does anyone know i site that i can just give them my number and they
> will send me the ringtone, cause i WILL NOT connect to hte internet just
> to get a ringtone! all of u r thinking o yay its free!! no its really not.
> did u ever realize that it costs money to connect to the internet like
> using WAP or Mmode.... there is only one site that i know of
> (nextones.com) that will send a tone to my phone without me connecting to
> the internet.... however it costs money to send them. so if someone knows
> a site where i can just send a tone to my phone for free id really
> appreciate it

It's NOT going to happen. If your phone has iRDA ?, then USB-iRDA dongles
are cheap. With this you can upload ringtones to your heart's content. And
if it don't have iRDA ?... well you can always buy a cable, which again
are inexpensive.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
June 14, 2004 11:54:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Wow, never heard anyone bitch about a few pence, a pound max before.

WAP is charged by your network tariff not the site, any ringtone site that
states it is free is usually telling the absolute truth (they get nothing!
for providing the great service).

Oh and good luck even finding a paying site that will send you a ringtone,
only dumbasses will use this technology as it has to go through a network
provider (they cost money).

Why do you have a phone that can use WAP if you dont use it? i'm sure its
not for the funky screensavers or ringtones (thats just sad). Maybe you
should bin the phone you have and go buy one of those old brick style phones
because your not embracing the future so you may aswell embrace the past.

-Vince
"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.06.14.00.37.22.897000@ivetva.arg...
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:13:20 -0500, lilmike09 wrote:
>

> > hey does anyone know i site that i can just give them my number and they
> > will send me the ringtone, cause i WILL NOT connect to hte internet just
> > to get a ringtone! all of u r thinking o yay its free!! no its really
not.
> > did u ever realize that it costs money to connect to the internet like
> > using WAP or Mmode.... there is only one site that i know of
> > (nextones.com) that will send a tone to my phone without me connecting
> > the internet.... however it costs money to send them. so if someone
knows
> > a site where i can just send a tone to my phone for free id really
> > appreciate it
>
> It's NOT going to happen. If your phone has iRDA ?, then USB-iRDA dongles
> are cheap. With this you can upload ringtones to your heart's content. And
> if it don't have iRDA ?... well you can always buy a cable, which again
> are inexpensive.
>
> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 2:03:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

What work do you do? Will you work for free?
That's basically what you're asking!
Imagine if you had a ringtone and you got a request to send it to someone
(for free). Would you do it? For a friend?, Now imagine if there were
thousands of ppl wanting that ringtone, would you send it to all of them?
I couldn't conceive the idea of a site sending ringtones for free, they
would be swamped with requests!

Buy an interface device, download the ringtones and load them into your
phone yourself.

Contact me if you want a price on USB IrDA. (or a hardline interface)
Damn good price with extras.
remove _spamkiller
(phones_spamkiller@nokiablue.com.au)

"lilmike09" <lilmike09.17rie3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> hey does anyone know i site that i can just give them my number and they
> will send me the ringtone, cause i WILL NOT connect to hte internet
> just to get a ringtone! all of u r thinking o yay its free!! no its
> really not. did u ever realize that it costs money to connect to the
> internet like using WAP or Mmode.... there is only one site that i know
> of (nextones.com) that will send a tone to my phone without me
> connecting to the internet.... however it costs money to send them. so
> if someone knows a site where i can just send a tone to my phone for
> free id really appreciate it
>
> thanks
>

> --
> lilmike09
> http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
http://cellphoneforums.net/t124920.html

June 16, 2004 6:51:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Got some here, might have something you want, but not a really great
selection:
All you do is select the one you want, put in your number and your cell
rings, and there is your ringtone.
http://www.crostel.com/home.jsp

P.S. Can send free text messages to other cells to.

"lilmike09" <lilmike09.17rie3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> hey does anyone know i site that i can just give them my number and they
> will send me the ringtone, cause i WILL NOT connect to hte internet
> just to get a ringtone! all of u r thinking o yay its free!! no its
> really not. did u ever realize that it costs money to connect to the
> internet like using WAP or Mmode.... there is only one site that i know
> of (nextones.com) that will send a tone to my phone without me
> connecting to the internet.... however it costs money to send them. so
> if someone knows a site where i can just send a tone to my phone for
> free id really appreciate it
>
> thanks
>

> --
> lilmike09
> http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
http://cellphoneforums.net/t124920.html

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 9:06:05 PM

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:54:32 +0100, Vince wrote:

> Maybe you
> should bin the phone you have and go buy one of those old brick style
> phones because your not embracing the future so you may aswell embrace
> the past.

IMO the future ain't always the best, e.g. The ongoing obsession with
*school-playground* gimmicks, rather than no-nonsense business-phones like
the Nokia 6310i.

Anyway 'The future is bright, the future is Orange' ;-)

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)