Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 won't install drivers, help?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2013 8:31:30 PM

I just built a new computer for the first time and I'm having a problem with installing the GPU drivers. Whenever I try to install the drivers (Freshly downloaded from the Nvidia site) I get the message: "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

My build is as follows:
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670
Intel Core i7 3770k
Seasonic 750W PSU
120GB Intel SSD
16GB Corsair Vengence RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

The GPU is plugged into a PCI-E x16 slot, and the two plugs on the top were connected with a 6 pin for the 6 pin plug, and a 6+2 pin for the 8 pin plug, both from my PSU. The fans are spinning on the card so I assume it IS getting power. However I cannot find the card in the device manager, and plugging my screen into the GPU DVI outputs doesn't get a signal on boot or when the computer is already running, so I'm stuck using my motherboards DVI output.

Can anyone help me resolve this?
a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
February 10, 2013 8:36:13 PM

did you change it in bios to boot using the pcix card?
m
l
February 10, 2013 8:37:24 PM

rgd1101 said:
did you change it in bios to boot using the pcix card?

I don't know how to do that in the BIOS on this motherboard. Can you tell me how?
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2013 8:59:24 PM

Can I please get some help? I really need this PC up and running for 3D work. I can't find any way to switch to the PCI-E card in the BIOS and when I look at the ASRock system board explorer, I can see that my Wireless PCI-e x1 card is plugged in but the two PCI-e x16 slots are blank.
m
l
February 14, 2013 1:55:42 AM

I'm having the same problem. I had a ton of trouble installing drivers and I've installed plenty of other video cards in other machines without trouble. this is my card thats giving me trouble. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I was finally able to install 310.70 but now i can't update to the latest one. Sometimes it will say that my hardware is incompatible other times it will look like its working then fail and revert to like the windows display drivers with really low resolution.
m
l
!