WHAT IS A GOOD DUEL CASSETTE DECK????

Last response: in Home Audio
September 1, 2004 4:29:13 AM

Here is my stereo system so far:

2 Athena audition F-2 speakers
Adcom GFP-565 pre-amp
Audiosource Amp two amplifier
Cambridge Azur 540C cd player
Marantz 2110 tuner

What would be a good cassette deck to get now? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 4:29:14 AM

How many paces must separate the two transports?

Rgds:
Eric

"THE SPACE BOSS" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
> Here is my stereo system so far:
>
> 2 Athena audition F-2 speakers
> Adcom GFP-565 pre-amp
> Audiosource Amp two amplifier
> Cambridge Azur 540C cd player
> Marantz 2110 tuner
>
> What would be a good cassette deck to get now? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 10:25:23 AM

>How many paces must separate the two transports?

sorry i don't understand what that means.
September 1, 2004 11:07:01 AM

Go to a professional audio systems dealer, and ask about the Tascam. The
best way is to have 2 independent decks. I have not seen a dual deck in the
Tascam, but it is hard to beat their quality. You just connect the two
machines together, or use them with a small mixer unit.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"THE SPACE BOSS" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
Here is my stereo system so far:

2 Athena audition F-2 speakers
Adcom GFP-565 pre-amp
Audiosource Amp two amplifier
Cambridge Azur 540C cd player
Marantz 2110 tuner

What would be a good cassette deck to get now? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 1:11:34 PM

On 01 Sep 2004 06:25:23 GMT, drsmith666@aol.com (THE SPACE BOSS)
wrote:

>>How many paces must separate the two transports?
>
>sorry i don't understand what that means.

Ask your second.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 10:37:13 PM

In article <20040901022523.02021.00000052@mb-m26.aol.com>, drsmith666
@aol.com says...

> >How many paces must separate the two transports?
>
> sorry i don't understand what that means.

"WHAT IS A GOOD DUEL CASSETTE DECK????"

DUEL= a prearranged fight with deadly weapons by two people (accompanied
by seconds) in order to settle a quarrel over a point of honor
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn.

Dual=adj 1: consisting of or involving two parts or components usually
in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double
(binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for
pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists
of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
[syn: double, duple]
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 11:07:59 PM

> >How many paces must separate the two transports?
>
> sorry i don't understand what that means.

**You haven't heard of duelling cassette decks?

Do you live under a rock?

Here's a few hints:

Go find a dictionary and look up the words: 'duel' and 'dual'.

That should be a good start.

Next, you need to consider whether a cassette deck of any kind, makes sense
in 2004.

Personally, I think they're a waste of time and money.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Eric K. Weber wrote:
> How many paces must separate the two transports?

Duh. He meant "Dual'. But Dual didn't make cassette decks, just
turntables....

geoff
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 8:51:58 AM

Tascam makes a dual cassette
And Dual also used to build cassette decks
The answer to the question however is Sony ES dual cassette

"Jerry G." <jerryg50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Go to a professional audio systems dealer, and ask about the Tascam. The
> best way is to have 2 independent decks. I have not seen a dual deck in
the
> Tascam, but it is hard to beat their quality. You just connect the two
> machines together, or use them with a small mixer unit.
>
> --
>
> Jerry G.
> ==========================
>

> "THE SPACE BOSS" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
> Here is my stereo system so far:
>
> 2 Athena audition F-2 speakers
> Adcom GFP-565 pre-amp
> Audiosource Amp two amplifier
> Cambridge Azur 540C cd player
> Marantz 2110 tuner
>
> What would be a good cassette deck to get now? Thanks.

September 3, 2004 4:48:06 PM

"Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

(snip)

> Next, you need to consider whether a cassette deck of any kind, makes
sense
> in 2004.
>
> Personally, I think they're a waste of time and money.
>

> --
> Trevor Wilson
> www.rageaudio.com.au

On the other hand, sometime in the future when
everything is digital, and fully copy protected,
having an analog recorder may be quite useful.
Another thing that may be useful to have is a digital recorder (Tascam D30
comes to mind) that has no
digital copy protection built in.
The world is heading to a point where NOTHING
digital will be copyable, not even free to air TV stuff.
Just a thought....
Deke
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 4:52:26 PM

"Deke" <denkell@starband.com> wrote in message
> On the other hand, sometime in the future when
> everything is digital, and fully copy protected,
> having an analog recorder may be quite useful.

Any digital recorder with an analog input can do the same, only much better
than a cassette deck.

TonyP.
!