Will my PC be able to use a AMD Radeon HD 7850?

I was wondering if my Pc would be able to use a AMD Radeon HD 7850 with these specs.:

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
3.70 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X2 555
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-M EVO Rev X.0x
Bus clock: 200 Megahertz
8GB RAM

At the moment i have the ATI Radeon HD 5570 which cannot run games very well on the highest display settings and that is what i wish to do, thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about will radeon 7850
  1. Save your money and get something like a 5770/6770/7770 whichever you choose. Over that and you will be bottlenecked.
  2. Best would be hd 7770 with out bottlenecking much.it would be good upgrade from 5570.
  3. Actually getting an HD7850 isn't that bad of a choice as well. Your CPU will bottleneck it in most games but you'll still see significant improvement. Overclocking your CPU will also help reduce bottleneck.
  4. That's money spent that op won't see on screen due to bottlenecking.
    A 7770 would be more than enough with that CPU. The only way I would recommend going any higher would be if op planned to upgrade their CPU at a later date.
  5. i would overclock that cpu and get the hd 7850
  6. How much of an overclock do you expect from that? its already at 3.7 ghz. Time to upgrade the CPU if you want anything resembling smooth at higher settings.
  7. Thanks for the info everyone, im going to buy a 7770 today.
  8. I would have saved for a month or 2 more to buy these

your 7850 and a Phenom II 965. Would give a better, more well rounded system.
  9. Good luck and happy gaming
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards AMD HD Radeon Graphics