Feb 11, 2013
Set-Up:

Motherboard: Socket-1155 Gigabyte H77-D3H-MVP
CPU: Intel i7-3770K 3.4GHz (Ivy Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)
PSU: Xigmatek Centauro 600W 80+
GPU: AMD HD 7850 OC Version 2GB

The Problem:

This is the first custom-built I've done, and the assembly itself was aided by a family friend who is a computer technician by trade. the set-up went smoothly, the OS and most of the drivers installed correctly, save for the graphics card. I rebooted the system and looked through the window on the side of the case. when I turned on the computer, the two fans on the GPU spun for about three seconds, and then stopped and didn't move. furthermore, the GPU is not appearing in the system profiler, and the drivers continue to fail to install correctly.

I have checked that the card is inserted into the correct pcie slot, and that it is properly connected to the PSU, but it still doesn't work

if anyone knows what's wrong with the card, and how to fix the problem, any help you can offer is much appreciated.

thanks in advance! :)

try resetting cmos
and if the system turns on for a second it can be a power supply issues so if you have a power supply tester on hand you can test the psu or ask your family friend if he has one...I dont trust Xigmatek brand...for power supplies go for big brands such as Asus, Antec and Corsair as they have good quality power supplies

Livid

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

turned out the graphics card was Dead on Delivery. I took it back to the place I bought it from and they replaced it free of charge. I've got the card in the computer now, and it's running perfectly.