Sign in with
Your question

Zotac 9600gt capacitor replacement

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2013 12:21:11 PM

I have this broken card that was shown to me by a friend. He told me that if I can make it work, its as good as mine.. I noticed that a capacitor had a leak and I think that is the cause.. Problem is, the capacitors has little to no labels at all.. at the top of the caps it only says

CF
C

all in blue colored text. Any idea what capacitor type this is? Or how many voltage it has and any other specifics?
Please help..i would really be happy to have this card working because I only have a 7300gt which is very old..thanks for any inputs guys i'd really appreciate it. :) 
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 12:26:39 PM

You are asking for the impossible. I have never seen people replace capacitors on graphics cards...just buy a new video card and dont cheap out. I know you are getting it for free but its broken

edit: you can get a 7750 for $100 and it will give you more performance, less wattage used and lower temeratures comparing to your dinosaur video card
m
l
February 11, 2013 12:31:04 PM

You could replace capacitors off a video card..watch youtube videos. It's actually pretty easy too. I'm really tight on money right now and cannot afford even a 50$ card.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 12:40:15 PM

If you know how to do it and feel like taking risks then why post on toms?
m
l
February 11, 2013 12:44:18 PM

Read my post. I'm asking help for the type of capacitor that I will be replacing. -.-
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 12:54:00 PM

Maybe contact Zotac?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 12:59:36 PM

I doubt zotac will help they dont want to be held liable if you connect it wrong and short circuit something...hmm what type of capacitor...have you tried identifying the broken capacitor? makybe there is some model number on it or something
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:19:15 PM

The card is out of warranty so contacting zotac wouldn't do any help i guess.. after some googling i found what each of the labels mean
CF - capacitor series type
180 - capacitence
C - rated voltage (this is 16volts)
823 - this is the Lot no. (not sure what it means tho)
anyhow ill go to an electronics shop tomorrow and try to have it fixed on the spot..thanks guys anyways
m
l
!