Question Regarding Heat...?

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
September 2, 2004 2:53:35 AM

I just purchased a Kenwood Sovereign 5900. I have it in a stereo rack
with a glass door in the front and a "breatheable" cloth back. Now I
notice the unit gets hot, I also know there is a fan in the back
(which I feel turn on occassionally). My main concern is that in the
rack I don't have much room and have almost exactly 2 inches above the
unit. I was wondering if this was "OK." I see there are only 3 vent
areas. The wood shelf above the receiver doesn't get that hot though
which makes me think that it is ok, that and knowing the fan is
blowing out. Also, are you familiar with the "breatheable" clothes?
It came with the rack. The area I live in is very dusty and I felt
the pros outweighed the cons. Any advise would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks

More about : question heat

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 10:34:36 PM

If as you say, the fans only come on occasionally, I'd relax for
that piece of equipment. However, don't forget the other
equipment above & around it - is the heat causing them any
headaches?

"Seth Gordon" <sgordon(-no-spam-)@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in
message news:5ljcj0pbnu5m5dntldc3dpncbm20ohac61@4ax.com...

!