mp3 to nokia ring tone

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Hi

How do I convert an mp3 into a nokia ring tone?
Or is this impossible?
the model is nokia 6310

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia ring tone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    "kirby" <kyrbi@datoeternietoe.com> wrote in message news:<qYTDc.168443$Xj1.8524854@phobos.telenet-ops.be>...
    > How do I convert an mp3 into a nokia ring tone?
    > Or is this impossible?
    > the model is nokia 6310

    This isn't simple task, unfortunately. It is comparable to OCR system
    text recognizing from scanner (but even more complicated). The problem
    is, that MP3 is encoded, digitized and packed sound and MIDI is set of
    instructions for MIDI synthetheiser. The much more easy way is to
    compose your own ringtone with Oxygen Ringtone Editor (tm), built in
    Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Also we can suggest
    to have a look in 'Links' section of our website (
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/links/ )- here you can find links on
    servers with logos and tones.

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:14:14 +0000, kirby wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > How do I convert an mp3 into a nokia ring tone?
    > Or is this impossible?

    More or less.

    > the model is nokia 6310

    Impossible for this one.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    Nothing is ever impossible. It's just that the answer may not be worth the
    trouble.
    Does the 6310 have a recorder facility?
    maybe you can play it on a PC and record it directly into your phone...

    "kirby" <kyrbi@datoeternietoe.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > How do I convert an mp3 into a nokia ring tone?
    > Or is this impossible?
    > the model is nokia 6310
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    > Does the 6310 have a recorder facility?
    > maybe you can play it on a PC and record it directly into your phone...

    What a briliant idea Thanks Ill try that : )

Nokia Ringtone Nokia MP3