Midi format for 3100

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

I have been trying to upload a couple of midi files to my 3100 phones
via GPRS/wap. It recieves the tones but on playback it reports "unable
to open the file." error.
Is there a particular midi format which is supported by this phone?
Is there any good software to convert any midi file to this format?
2 answers Last reply
More about midi format 3100
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 04:27:34 -0700, vickey wrote:

    > I have been trying to upload a couple of midi files to my 3100 phones
    > via GPRS/wap. It recieves the tones but on playback it reports "unable
    > to open the file." error.
    > Is there a particular midi format which is supported by this phone?
    > Is there any good software to convert any midi file to this format?

    MIDIs should be less than 25-30k in size, first 4 channels supported, max
    4 voice polyphony, keep to within these limits and you should be OK.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    Thanks. Will try it and let you know.

Nokia Ringtone MIDI Format