Midi format for 3100

Last response: in Brands
July 2, 2004 8:27:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

I have been trying to upload a couple of midi files to my 3100 phones
via GPRS/wap. It recieves the tones but on playback it reports "unable
to open the file." error.
Is there a particular midi format which is supported by this phone?
Is there any good software to convert any midi file to this format?

More about : midi format 3100

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 5:21:33 PM

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 04:27:34 -0700, vickey wrote:

> I have been trying to upload a couple of midi files to my 3100 phones
> via GPRS/wap. It recieves the tones but on playback it reports "unable
> to open the file." error.
> Is there a particular midi format which is supported by this phone?
> Is there any good software to convert any midi file to this format?

MIDIs should be less than 25-30k in size, first 4 channels supported, max
4 voice polyphony, keep to within these limits and you should be OK.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 2:49:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Thanks. Will try it and let you know.
!