Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia PhysX - AMD equivalent?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 6:51:20 PM

Hello all.
I was thinking about Nvidia PhysX and how It really adds some cool effects to some games.
However, I will be purchasing an AMD card and was wondering if there is an AMD equivalent.
I would also like to know a bit about how it works and what goes on inside the GPU.

Thank you :) 

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 6:58:13 PM

I tried Nvidia PhysX on my 7970 by simply installing PhysX software while installing SPEC OPS the line and it worked great.
All you have to do is buy a AMD card and download Physx software and its done

a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
February 11, 2013 7:12:10 PM

Headbomb said:
Hello all.
I was thinking about Nvidia PhysX and how It really adds some cool effects to some games.
However, I will be purchasing an AMD card and was wondering if there is an AMD equivalent.
I would also like to know a bit about how it works and what goes on inside the GPU.

Thank you :) 

The AMD equivalent can be seen in the new 3D benchmark.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 7:20:40 PM

you can enable physX in some games w/out an nvidia gpu but it'll offload it to your processor. i wouldn't really think much about physX if i were you. as to where i stand, i only see it as a rather short-handed gimmick by nvidia to sell more cards. harsh but true. coincidentally, my post will definitely bait some troll and enrage a lot of nvidia fans so brace yourselves for impact!
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 7:26:22 PM

Best answer selected by Headbomb.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2013 7:26:29 PM

Thank you for your responses :) 
Score
a c 592 U Graphics card
a c 385 Î Nvidia
a c 151 À AMD
February 11, 2013 7:34:24 PM

Don't plan on running Planetside 2 with PhysX enabled on a AMD card. The "Best Answer" poster gave you an example from a game that does NOT feature GPU accelerated PhysX. Think before making a decision... not after!

http://physxinfo.com/news/9951/planetside-2-closed-beta...
Score
!