Compact GTX and mini case

thrunthru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Hello world,

Since a while now, I've been doing some research on Compact Design nVidia's card that would fit in an Antec's P180 mini case. I've found that Point Of View has a GTX 650 Ti but I can't find a way to have it shipped. Currently, I've got AMD's HD4770 (Asus' model) and would like to find either a GTX650Ti or most preferably a GTX560Ti that would fit into the P180 mini. I'm by no means going to customize the case so a bigger card might fit and I'm no fan of AMD.

I'm considering to play Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, WoW, Crysis 2 and Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 and Age of Empires Online at 1680x1050 with high-to-ultra settings. I know that FC3 is quite demanding in hardware so I don't mind having to play between low-to-medium settings, or perhaps with some high tweaks here and there at the expense of other options. :)

I'm only asking for a Nvidia's video card that would replace that HD4770 and can keep up with the latest game titles without having to modify the case or buy a new PC altogether.

I'm from Canada and my budget (with taxes) shouldn't be over than 170$.

:p

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I doubt you'll find a GTX 560ti within your budget, much less one short enough for your case... unless you are willing to go used. However, the GTX 650ti is readily avaiable at your price at Newegg Canada. Several of them are 6" or less, perfect for your case if you use the horz drive bays.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007708%20600030348%20600315498%20600373033&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

But if you remove that bottom drive bay and put your drives in the vertically-mounted ones above, you can easily fit the really long graphics cards.

mace200200

Honorable
560 Ti's are pretty much end of life now, any that are left cost too much, a 660 isn't much more and performs much better. Prices may be different in canada but I wouldn't think by to much. A 650Ti, for a small computer, that's the way I would go. Otherwise, your looking at a 7850, the extra cost over the 650Ti is worth it but, it'll be bigger and generate more heat, which isn't want you want for a tiny computer.

thrunthru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

Well, I guess my best bet would be to get an used one, or I could wait until the GeForce 7000 series comes out so the prize of the 5000/6000 might drop by a bit. Thanks for the link, clutchc.

And in regards of taking away the hdd bay so a bigger card may fit, well, I have totally forgotten that this option existed. Heh. This computer was actually my brother's, so I guess I would have to take a closer look at what I can do inside and then reconsider my options. :)