Graphics card wont work with new computer.

Hi, awhile ago i purchased a amd radeon 7750 Hd graphics card and i put it into my old computer and it was working fine, then i recently bought a new computer, it's a Gateway, model number DX4380G-UW308. My problem is when I put in the graphics card my computer turns on but the display doesn't show, i get a "no signal input". I have tried to boot it in safe mode, didn't work and i have a 300w power supply. If i take the graphics card out the computer runs fine. I dont know how much the power supply was on the old computer, but I'd appreciate any help.

If you need any other information just ask.

System specs:

Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU dual core 3.60 GHz

RAM: 6 GB

Hard drive: 1 TB
4 answers Last reply
More about graphics card wont work computer
  1. Willing to bet that the PSU isn't powerful enough OR the BIOS has not been configured to turn the video duties over to the video card. (although I thought that it automatically did that on APUs)

The 7750 doesn't have a direct connection to the PSU, it pulls all of its power off of the motherboard, I say that your system uses at least 250 watts of power by itself, and Im assuming they are using a cheap PSU anyways... I would tell you to order a Ultra LS350 and I bet it will work.
  2. Okay i was hoping it'd be something simple, but I'll probably order that piece, thanks
  3. I have a Gateway DX4870-UB2B desktop computer.

Specs:
    Intel Core i3 3240 @3.40GHz
    Intel HD 2500 Graphics
    6GB RAM
    1TB Hard Drive
    Cooler Master Extreme 500W Power Supply
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Graphic card wont work on my computer

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1858525/graphic-card-wont-work-computer.html#11969693
  4. #1 Lshorty wanna give us a update on your rig?

#2 Tell us about your problem Omaralvarado.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computers Graphics